Swf delay

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DetoNaToR

Swf delay

Post by DetoNaToR »

I created animation with Moho, then exported to flash, added sounds, and exported to swf. When I wathc that swf from my computer everything is fine, but when I watch it through web site view delays from sound... What is wrong? Even when I do "Publish preview in HTML" in flash it is also delaying...
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

Your movie is probably to heavy for streaming via your internet connection.
Try to add a preloader, you can find a lot of tutorials for that on flashkit.com.
What it basically does is to tell the movie not to play until the whole movie is downloaded.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

If your internet connection was sufficiently fast, you would not have this problem. What you are hearing is the lag caused by streaming sounds over the net.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
DetoNaToR

Post by DetoNaToR »

thanks for your replies. I forgot to say I made a preloader and this is the biggest problem... At first without preloader it was delaying too, but I made it and it's still the same... Moreover, my internet conection isn't slow, it's 512kb/s.. And as I said, even when I do publish preview and it loads from my computer, it's the same.. I can't understand what's wrong..
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

Post it to the web so others can check to see if they have the same problem when viewing it.
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

Then you can try to change the audio type in flash, it was quite a while since I worked with flash so I can't remember which one is which but try to change between event/streaming types (in the properties for the audio file).
DetoNaToR

Post by DetoNaToR »

Here it is: http://detonator.sutartis.net/erlas_hakeris.htm

A little sound delay is in the begining when that flat fades in. Next in the titles when character pushes the button music must stop at the same time, not before.. Next is when character raises the volume, the music should play loader AFTER he raises it, not before. And music stops playing before the cartoon end.. It should stop exactly at the end... But I noticed that sounds are in their places, delay is in the music and in the begining..
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

I did not notice any problems.
Have a DSL connection and fairly fast computer.
DetoNaToR

Post by DetoNaToR »

Here I corrected it specially for internet: http://detonator.sutartis.net/erlas_hakeris_w.htm

I lengthened music where delay was. So I have to versions now, to watch from PC and from website. However, I still can't understand the problem...
cribble

Post by cribble »

If you're using flash make sure you have the sound settings set correctly.

Stream - Timeline dependant - this means that all the sounds are synched to the timeline and might drop frames in orderto keep the visuals sync to the sound. use this for lip sync and sound effects (where they need to be in a certain place).

Event - Not Timeline Dependant - meaning it will play the sound independant to the timeline so sync will be hard.. use this for music loops or other, unimportant sounds (like ambience).

Hope this helps.
--Scott
cribble.net
CrAzY Dan

Post by CrAzY Dan »

Hey DeToNaToR,

Where did you get that song from? I need some good songs like that.
15 year old Anime Studio user...
27/12/06: Im back and ready to get creating again!!
DetoNaToR

Post by DetoNaToR »

Which one? One in the titles or akon-lonely?
CrAzY Dan

Post by CrAzY Dan »

Akon - Lonely
15 year old Anime Studio user...
27/12/06: Im back and ready to get creating again!!