Plastic animation paper

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

heyvern

Re: Plastic animation paper

Post by heyvern »

AmigaMan wrote:Hey, I never said any such thing! :D

I can fully understand why they are developing it for Mac first. I just don't know anyone with a Mac that's all and I didn't say what I'm quoted as saying above hehe :D
Oops! The quoting mechanism got messed up! Sorry! It was infocentral that said that. :oops:

Also I didn't read it carefully enough. Infocentral did correctly state that Mac was above linux. I missunderstood completely. I got defensive. ;) I am NOT an Apple "fan boy" by any means. it's just a box with stuff in it that does stuff. I have a mac because... that's what my company bought me. If we were a Windows based company I'd be using PC's. ;) I used a PC for several years because I bought one cheap and it got the work done.

I guess... I just get annoyed when people bash a well established, powerful and proven platform used by millions of people to do fantastic stuff for no reason except someone decided to do a mac only app. I use to have that problem with Mac but now I have Win7 on it so I can use anything. To imply developing for mac is "bad" is just not a realistic statement. Most apps are available in some form or another on Mac and Windows. It's a choice on what you like. Your choice of OS doesn't mean the other one should be ignored completely. I expect a Win version of Plastic Animation Paper to come out eventually. Funny... MS just launched their free OneNote for mac app on the Mac App store and MS Office for mac is soon to be released. If Mac was such a dead end OS they wouldn't bother.

It is interesting though that PAP went mac only. I often hear that it's waaaaaay more difficult to develop for Mac. They make you jump through more hoops and have all kinds of crazy restrictions. I suppose if you develop ONLY for one platform it makes it easier.
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

It's okay, I knew the quoting had just got messed up somehow :D

Well, as Selgin pointed out, and I noticed when I fully read the details on the website, there will be a Windows version. They are just starting with the mac.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

heyvern wrote: I am NOT an Apple "fan boy" by any means.
You can tell a tree by the fruit it bears.
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

They started crowdfunding: http://igg.me/at/animationpaper/x/8076878

I hope he reaches his goal!