Live2D

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Patmals

Post by Patmals »

Rudiger wrote:
Patmals wrote: I wlll have to find the files again.. but if not, i will start again!
I had started on Stylos.

How were you able to order it from amazon.jp??
they don't allow ordering of software or games from outside Japan!
Wow, that's great to hear that you might be able to continue on with your translation of Retas Studio! Yeah, Stylos is the main app I'm interested in as well.

I have a guy in Japan who I order rare doujinshi from, and I often get him to order items on amazon.co.jp that I can't order directly :).
That's great!

I have to reregister Retas Studio as I created a new userand deleted my old one.
I have the exe file which i was working on if you want to try it.

I should have edited the .dll file instead which is called rcwRes.dll
that contains most if all the dialog text

EDIT: that .dll is for the dialog boxes but for the tool bar and menus, i edited the main .exe
Last edited by Patmals on Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

kkrawal, nice toon shading you got there, but 3D is far more complex to work with then 2D as in Anime Studio.

One simpler 3D application that has very good 2D shading is Animation Master.

http://www.hash.com

I wrote the book on toon shading for that application, it is very easy to use and has tons of toon shading attributes.

ftp://ftp.hash.com/pub/movies/rooster.mov

A 3D to 2D shading test I made back in 1999 that is still on their ftp!

Here I am telling how to pronounce my name, same year!

ftp://ftp.hash.com/pub/movies/lipsynctest.mov

2D shading is not new, and it did not get better, unfortunately.
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

I'm actually learning Blender at the moment, by going through Blender Foundations book by Roland Hess. I'm actually not finding the interface too difficult, once I learnt that you could swap the left and right mouse buttons :). I heard that the interface was improved a lot in version 2.5, so perhaps that's why I'm not finding it as bad as people have said. Also, a lot of people say that Hash Animation Master is a good 3D app to go to from AS, but I actually found that a lot more confusing than Blender.
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

I am an old Animation Master from v10.5 whom ddn't get very far but i really its a great 3d package. I love it but my CDs are still in Australia... v14

the other day i was actually thinking of getting the 1 year web sub.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

AM is spline based, very simple interface, allot like AS actually, first time I heard about Moho was in AM community years back, did not pay much attention then.

I have not used AM in ages, never used it for work, only for fun really, but it is a good 3D application, it just lack a good renderer.

But for 2d shading, it is really good, and it was long before mray or other renderer could render 2d shaded images.

As far as Blender goes, I had a look at it a few times but gave up on it, too different them max, Softimage or Maya, but I keep hearing great things about it and the price cant be beaten for sure!
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Patmals, I used AM on my Amiga when it was named Will Vinton's Playmation back in the early 90s, even then it was revolutionary, and it still is in many aspects of the way it works.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Btw, those files I posted are low res since the web was not exactly fast back then! :)
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

GCharb wrote:Patmals, I used AM on my Amiga when it was named Will Vinton's Playmation back in the early 90s, even then it was revolutionary, and it still is in many aspects of the way it works.
AWESOME!!!

That is soo cool! Do you stll have your old Amiga and Playmation?
Historical!
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

No I don't, got rid of my Amiga 2400 years ago, but I still have the latest CDs and my old dongle!

patricia3d

Post by patricia3d »

See this.

Its in Blender too
you can download the source file of this Blend

http://www.blendswap.com/3D-models/char ... hito-nami/
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Nice shading!
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

I agree that's an amazing shader and it's not even using Freestyle.

This is what will be possible when Freestyle is available in the main trunk:
http://vimeo.com/1977069

The guy that did this is actually now the main developer behind the integration of Freestyle, so it's in very good hands.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Wow --really looks 2D.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
ruscular3d

Post by ruscular3d »

http://www.gentlechifitness.com/images/toon_4(1).mov

I tried to combine 2 pass with one as cross hatch render and the other cel shader render then sandwich the cross hatch layers as Screen layer over the cell shade render layer to get this in Lighwave3D

I use After effect for the compositor and added a soft lens flare effect to highlight the bright area on the model (you can see it on her bald head).

Going for the cross hatch comic book style look for the animation.

I would love to get something like this in AS. Masking and a cross hatch texture?
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

Doesn't AS already have hatch-shading of 3D objects?