http://www.3d-designer.com/index.html

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

red hamster

Post by red hamster »

talking about this software , I saw only the gallery: good but not even close to Animation Master ( 3 times the price anyway).
I 'd like to see some movies made by users .
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

hi i checked out this sfotware (trial version or something) and well i think iam to dumb for 3d since i tried it out :lol:
red hamster

Post by red hamster »

Well, Then saw the gallery of animation master: high price but the final result is not even close..
I dl Jpatch , stil try to do something with those damn splines. :(
mwtoons

Post by mwtoons »

I just downloaded blender 3d (free!!!) and have been trying it out to see what I think about 3d.

I like the possibilities, but I like the simplicity of Moho. My real goal is visual story telling, and I think Moho is the tool to get me there.
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

mwtoons wrote:My real goal is visual story telling, and I think Moho is the tool to get me there.
I agree 100%.
kdiddy13

Post by kdiddy13 »

mwtoons wrote:I just downloaded blender 3d (free!!!) and have been trying it out to see what I think about 3d.

I like the possibilities, but I like the simplicity of Moho. My real goal is visual story telling, and I think Moho is the tool to get me there.
Whew. Good luck with Blender. I tried it as an alternative to Maya that I could afford. I'm pretty good with Maya (it's how I earn a living), but I just found the interface to Blender too cumbersome. They do have an extremely helpful, if zealous user group. And there's people there that can add in the features you ask for.

Has a lot of potential if you can get past the steep learning curve.
Last edited by kdiddy13 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
mwtoons

Post by mwtoons »

thanks kdiddy..you are correct, the interface is..well..cumbersome. I hope that if I can learn it, that I can teach it to my students. Then they would be able to download it for free at home and work on projects outside of school.
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

oh mwtoons, i always wanted to have a teacher like you :D

The only thing we learned to do was programming with turbopascal from simple text format playarounds to databases (whew, pascal isnt the best language to do this) and we took goddam 2 years :(

I agree, today the computer courses at school have to go with the trend and show their students mainly html, webdesign, 3ddesign and all those things which make sense and with wich the pupils lateron can make some bucks and/or projects of state of the art.

Good luck with blender! :wink:
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

Blender is a professional application that happens to be free and as most pro apps it has its own logic to it. I've managed to crack the surface but 3D still remains much too time consuming for my work methods. But I can imagine if you have the determination Blender can produce incredible results.
As a simpler alternative you can try Anim8or, also freeware, less professional but easier to get into. It also offers animation, bone structures, bump mapping etc. There are some clumsy features but I found the actual modelling to be quite intuitive. It's a one-man project so don't expect the same kind of development you'd expect from Blender.

Good luck,

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
red hamster

Post by red hamster »

The gallery of blender is fantastic. The movies are not fantastic as the AM but still are amazing.
Too bad that the software is not easy to use and mastering. :(
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

AM is really geared towards animation unlike many other 3D apps. There are plenty good 3D programs that have little or no animation features. What's the fun in all those photo realistic shaders and modellers if it can't move properly?

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
red hamster

Post by red hamster »

The sample movies in hash site are jaw dropping. Still , I have some doubt and I am evaluating the "toy" software Cibermotion ,much more easyer (and cheaper )to use and much less feature , I know.
:(
I had to think again before to use my credit card.

Well , no one in this forum does use cybermotion?
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

BTW: Cool new thumbnail redhamster! :D
Affuso our master.
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

I looked at Cybermotion a couple of years ago but I found the gallery to look like...well 3D renders. It's not natural enough for me. It looks good for stills like buildings and products but when I see the humanoid animations it looks really cheap to me. It's not very expensive but I think the free Anim8or has most features too. I haven't really compared it so don't take my word for it!

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
red hamster

Post by red hamster »

Less features than animor8? Very cheap...yes , perhaps you right..

Mister Blaa, join us! Write in english, don't care.
We need a foreign hamster .
:D