Audacity: Does anybody use it?

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ThunderRaven

Audacity: Does anybody use it?

Post by ThunderRaven »

If you don't know what Audacity is or if you never heard of it before, it's a sound editing software that is free to download.
I heard one user is having problems with creating a gibberish voice for his/hers animation. I recommend for that user to download Audacity because it is useful to create gibberish noises. To create a gibberish sounding noise for this user, simply find a button on one of the drop down menus that says, "Reverse clip" or something around like that, and voila! You got gibberish noise!

Anyways, do you use Audacity for your work flow, and how do you use it?
"The raven that Thunders over the clouds, known as ThunderRaven, the mascot of ThunderRaven Productions".
Scot Solida

Re: Audacity: Does anybody use it?

Post by Scot Solida »

I don't use it for my animation too much because as a writer for Computer Music magazine, I have more powerful tools for the same jobs. However, I do recommend it quite often and have written a number of tutorials in the magazine that feature it. I like it because it's free and open source and also available for Mac, Windows and Linux, meaning that if I use it in a tutorial, all of my readers can use it. For the most part, it does everything you might need from an audio editor, though it lacks some of the deeper features of, say, Wavelab or Sound Forge. However, I may find myself using it more often now that my favorite editor, BIAS Peak is no more.
Marc Collin

Post by Marc Collin »

Thanks for sharing useful information about sound editing software. From which link it can be download free? There is no link in the post.
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

Type 'Audacity' into Google and voila!
Joofville

Post by Joofville »

I use Audacity, it's pretty good and it's free. Try it!