FREE Sound effect maker

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

VictorSound

FREE Sound effect maker

Post by VictorSound »

Hi, guys!

My name is Victor and I am a professional Sound Designer. I've been working in the gaming industry for over 5 years. Last year, our team started a new sound effect creation service http://diforb.com/

On our website, you can find a large amount of free sound effects – gunshots, explosions, and sounds of different animals. Also, we offer lots of other ones that are perfectly suitable for games of any genres. Our service can be helpful for indie game developers as it allows to select and adjust desired sound effects effortlessly.

We'd like to create a very popular and useful service that could help game developers create sound effects of a high quality. Diforb is working in beta mode, for now, so we'd be grateful for any bits of advice and feedback.
strider2000

Re: FREE Sound effect maker

Post by strider2000 »

Free sound effect does seem very helpful for animation projects, but ... not being an expert in legalese, license agreements scare me away (and I suspect others) when it's not really clear what can be done. (See the following for a recent license discussion) viewtopic.php?f=5&t=29237

From here:
http://diforb.com/#/home/license
I see

a) You can't claim the authorship of any sound effect or its reproduction.
b) You can sell neither sound effect itself nor its any part or its reproduction to get any commercial benefit.
c) You can't place any received sounds on other sound resources dealing with sound distribution.
d) You shouldn't allow the end-consumer to draw any sound elements out and use them separately from the final product.

I think I understand the intent of b. I think it's about not reselling the sound, or part of it, itself. But I'm a little afraid someone would say "putting that sound in the animation constitutes reproduction". However, item d is really scary. "Shouldn't allow" may mean, "should not give agreement to", but I'm not sure I could prevent someone from taking an animation and ripping the sound :/

Just sharing fears from a potential user :)