Clip Studio, dropping Smith Micro?

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Xork

Re: Clip Studio, dropping Smith Micro?

Post by Xork »

You know remarkably, Autodesk Sketchbook is seriously underutilized. And it is now FREE. It will do many things Clip Studio will not. And it has great tools, etc, etc, ... I would encourage anyone into digital creativity to check it out.
https://sketchbook.com
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

CSP has a lot of cool drawing features but, for me, what sets it apart is its comics-specific features and tools. Tools for laying out and designing panels and word balloons, editable half-tones, built-in 3D mannequins for drawing reference, tools for managing multi-page documents, etc. I'm not aware of another drawing/paint package that has all that, while also being a great drawing program.

Not meaning to dismiss Sketchbook. I've used it in the past for sketching concepts and really liked it.

These days, I prefer using Procreate on iPad for concepts. It works great for painting elements (chars, props, bgs) for Moho too. No animation though, just drawing and painting.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

I an hoping for future support of vector graphics and of course advancing its animation capabilities. :D
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group