Two Tablets on 1 PC ... Problems?

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

drumlug13

Two Tablets on 1 PC ... Problems?

Post by drumlug13 »

I have a Wacom Cintiq 13HD that I use for drawing and stuff. It's probably the smallest "draw on the display" style tablet on the market. I don't really like using it for Moho though, I actually prefer the mouse.

I have an older Wacom Bamboo Splash graphics tablet that I LOVED using to work in Moho/Anime Studio. I loved the quick action of the pen to monitor (without trying to look around my drawing hand, or rotating the workspace) But it's older and I'm not sure it's even supported anymore. The last driver update was around early 2015. Both tablets used to work alright but now the Bamboo Splash isn't working at all in Windows 10.

I'm wondering if the Bamboo is just outdated, unusable, obsolete ... so long, sayonara. Or is the problem having 2 pen tablets installed on the same pc? Is there a conflict with the drivers. Both are Wacom products

I'm thinking about getting a Huion H640P to replace the cheap little Wacom Bamboo. If there is a conflicting driver issue would a Huion and a Wacom get around a 2 tablet problem?

Does anybody here have any advice on using a PC with 2 or more tablets?
Adam
hayasidist

Re: Two Tablets on 1 PC ... Problems?

Post by hayasidist »

I have / had a bamboo ... it's not supported on Win 10 -- the drivers haven't been updated. The honest, but essentially unhelpful response from Wacom support when I asked for a pointer to the win10 drivers was (paraphrased) "here's the link to our store - buy a new tablet".
chucky

Post by chucky »

There are often conflicts with Wacom drivers. Always uninstall completely otherwise dire problems could arise even with other Wacom products ( especially if you plan to use any toon boom products) .
Also there are several really good medium sized competitors to Wacom right now I make sure you have a good look around .
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

I ordered the smaller Huion. I'm wanting to use that for Moho.

Do you think there will be driver issues if the Wacom is still installed for the Cintiq HD, to use in Clip Studio?
Adam
chucky

Post by chucky »

drumlug13 wrote:I ordered the smaller Huion. I'm wanting to use that for Moho.

Do you think there will be driver issues if the Wacom is still installed for the Cintiq HD, to use in Clip Studio?
Unfortunately , Adam I think will that be the case. You could double check , l would. 8)
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

Well that's not very cool.

I ordered the Huion and I'll try them together and post what happens. In the mean time I may have bigger problems, my desktop is acting funny. It locked up on me four or five times yesterday. I may be in the market for a whole new setup sooner than I had planned
Adam
chucky

Post by chucky »

drumlug13 wrote:I may be in the market for a whole new setup sooner than I had planned
Why isn't there a grimace smiley?

drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

The whole day yesterday was a grimace smiley kind of day... but we're up and running again.

Anyway the Huion arrived today, haven't plugged it in yet. There's mixed reviews about it working in harmony with a Wacom. Most say it won't work, so if it doesn't work then my kiddo will be the happy owner of a new Huion tablet.

While I was looking for info I came across this video on Wacom's channel. This guy has a Cintiq and an Intuos installed. My Bamboo never showed up in these options but it can apparently be done with the other tablets in the Wacom line. Just not the one that already paid for.
So it's just sitting here on my desk.... holding down some papers :roll:

Adam
chucky

Post by chucky »

l hear you Adam, you know I'm waiting for the day l can retire my Desktop 22 HD Cintiq setup with all the accoutrements two screen , plus my aging mobile tablet and trade the lot in for a large twin screen pen and touch powerhouse lappy
use laptop.
Yes like a monitor book .Or monitor sandwich. - Surface Sandwich?
Two 16 inch screens that close together with i7 terabyte SSDs and discreet graphics .
Draw on either or both screens put palettes , windows, timelines workspaces on either with a modular digital custom onscreen keyboard that allows for macros and custom shortcuts.
If I want to write a freakn novel then I can slip a bluetooth keyboard into the mix a (or not).
Just less stuff with more flexibility and portability , I seem to have a whole room of unnecessarily huge stuff that still only just does the job.
There just isn't anything with the power and screen real estate with pen and touch yet . . . . l can't fathom why.

drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

:shock: If you build one I will buy it :shock:

Just to put this topic to bed...

I messed around with some of the Display Toggle settings in the Cintiq 13HD. (Thank you YouTube dude) and it works fantastic as a pen tablet now. I just had to check 'Force Proportions' and use a smaller active area. Also I had to go into the WIndows Settings> Devices> Pen & Windows Ink to turn off the "Show Visual Effects" switch. Now that annoying circle thing stopped popping up around my cursor. This is probably old news for you guys.

As far as the Huion. I gave that to my son. His laptop also had the old Wacom Bamboo installed on it and that all had to be removed before the Huion drivers would install. But that little sucker is a pretty good pen tablet too. I will definitely be looking into Huion if/when the Cintiq goes belly up. Hopefully that's a while down the road yet.
Adam
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Ok - old thread but hopefully useful update... I was about to buy a new Wacom for a new box when I recalled some issues people (including me) were having with Wacom and many (but not all) drawing apps... so I wanted to be sure the new tablet would work with Win 10 before buying it...

and I found that there's a more general issue with Wacom and the Adobe family of apps. the fix is to tell windows to use "legacy settings" for the pen.

the bottom line is open a cmd prompt and type (or copy / paste)

reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pen /v LegacyPenInteractionModel /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

If you want more, the discussion is here: https://www.onmsft.com/news/problems-wi ... e-settings

That has just saved me a few hundred GBP as what I thought was defunct technology now works perfectly...

hope that's useful for others!