How can I blink en eye ? (in AS 8)

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

redstorm

How can I blink en eye ? (in AS 8)

Post by redstorm »

hi all:

i am using anime studio 8 pro. I am starting to learn. I can use photoshop to make a manga-style face.
I know I can import the photoshop face into AS. If I import the face into AS, what is the way to make one
eye blink ? Can you explain this, and/or tell me where to look into the help manual ?
thank you !!!
sbtamu

Re: How can I blink en eye ? (in AS 8)

Post by sbtamu »

There are a few ways to do this. You can use bones and adjust the bone strengths to make the eye blink. If you had a newer version of MOHO you could mesh an eye to blink.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
hayasidist

Re: How can I blink en eye ? (in AS 8)

Post by hayasidist »

In ps you could make three layers - face, eyelid, eyeball. face has a transparent area where the eyes are. (Not sure if AS8 has PS import by individual layer or not - so you may need to export each layer as a PNG) then, as sbtamu suggests, in AS you can use bones to shift the eyelid layer.

Or make sets of eyes with varying levels of "closed" eyelids and then switch between these - e.g. switch from open to closed and back to open to make a fast blink; or from open to part closed to make a narrowing of the eyes; or ...