Has anyone recorded a crescendo and decrescendo on Garageband’s song?

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

stevepappas452

Has anyone recorded a crescendo and decrescendo on Garageband’s song?

Post by stevepappas452 »

I am using Garageband for a long time. I want the sound to be decreased and increased without me modifying it, on a song I recorded on GB. Is there a solution to this?
jahnocli

Re: Has anyone recorded a crescendo and decrescendo on Garageband’s song?

Post by jahnocli »

Well, if I'm understanding you correctly, I'd import the file into Audacity. It's easy in that software.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

There should be an option to record the mixer movements you do, search manual.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
Felainum1977

Post by Felainum1977 »

You can surely automate the increase as well as decrease of volume on your track. You just need to click on the display main track option that you will find under then track menu. This should allow you to have that functionality.

This is why I prefer Garageband as my DAW, but as of now, I am not able to use it. As I am using windows I am not able to run it there. Do you know how this can be done?
stevepappas452

Post by stevepappas452 »

jahnocli wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:51 pm Well, if I'm understanding you correctly, I'd import the file into Audacity. It's easy in that software.
Okay I will try it in audacity app
cyclearrows

Post by cyclearrows »

I'm using Cubase for a long time. I have Cubase Elements which costs around 100$. I also tested the Pro version and there is nothing I miss in Elements. I also tried Garage Band and I found it quite similar to Cubase.
stevepappas452

Post by stevepappas452 »

cyclearrows wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:42 pm I'm using Cubase for a long time. I have Cubase Elements which costs around 100$. I also tested the Pro version and there is nothing I miss in Elements. I also tried Garage Band and I found it quite similar to Cubase.
Thanks Mate
cyclearrows

Post by cyclearrows »

You are welcome.
adjessica

Post by adjessica »

stevepappas452 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:11 am
Felainum1977 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:01 pm You can surely automate the increase as well as decrease of volume on your track. You just need to click on the display main track option that you will find under then track menu. This should allow you to have that functionality.

This is why I prefer Garageband as my DAW, but as of now, I am not able to use it. As I am using windows I am not able to run it there. Do you know how this can be done?
Hey @Felainum1977 , I will do it.
There are many DWA apps available for windows. But if you want to use Garageband app for windows, then you need to follow some methods as garageband is macOS app. You need to install any third party application such as VMware or Virtual Box to use garageband app. I found this article on the internet where steps are well explained. Cheers!
https://thegaragebandpc.com/
Garageband is also available for pc? WOw!
stevepappas452

Post by stevepappas452 »

adjessica wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 6:59 am
stevepappas452 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:11 am
Felainum1977 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:01 pm You can surely automate the increase as well as decrease of volume on your track. You just need to click on the display main track option that you will find under then track menu. This should allow you to have that functionality.

Hey @Felainum1977 , I will do it.
There are many DWA apps available for windows. But if you want to use Garageband app for windows, then you need to follow some methods as garageband is macOS app. You need to install any third party application such as VMware or Virtual Box to use garageband app. I found this article on the internet where steps are well explained. Cheers!
https://thegaragebandpc.com/
Garageband is also available for pc? WOw!
Yes, Garageband can be used in windows. But you need to create a virtual MacOS environment in your PC. It can be some by macOs simulators available online.

However, Now i'm thinking to upgrade my monitor setup and purchase a widesceen monitor? I am thinking to go with LG 34WN80C-B monitor. it widescreen and curved dispay.
Found this monitor works well for music production and boost the produtivity.

https://trustedmonitors.com/best-monito ... roduction/

What do you guys think? investing on good monitor will really helpful? Any suggestions should be appriciated. Thanks.