Particles: debris and smoke

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jwlane

Particles: debris and smoke

Post by jwlane »

I just posted shots 8 - 10 of The Saltmarsh project (no audio yet). I may go back and tweek the partcles a bit. But, it's amazing how effective and simple ASP is for things like this. The particles are in the last shot. Anything that looks like it could be vector art is ASP. The final composite was in AfterEffects.

http://animatedlane.com/content/view/45/63/
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Nice work. Really nice opening shot with the glass. Is it just me, or could ASP also do the river the canoe was on with particled wavy lines?
jwlane

River

Post by jwlane »

The water ripples are from After Effects. They might be easily done in ASP. I just had it already set up from earlier AE work. I have done floating bubbles and such with ASP.

Thanks for checking it out.
KenW

Post by KenW »

This is very good work John. The realism in each scene and the attention to detail - (not taking anything for granted no matter how small) makes it a joy to watch. Thanks for sharing this. :)
human

Post by human »

Well, it's quite odd.

The first time I saw the sequence pushing the canoe into the canyon, I thought the particles looked very cheesy, detracting from your lovely graphics.

I watched it again twice and they looked fine, almost real.

So, it's just me.

This is remarkably beautiful.

Oh, I forgot to mention your ability to animate the birds with grace is particularly marvelous. I don't think I ever seen their fluidity captured so well.
Kadoogan

Post by Kadoogan »

Definitely a work to be proud of. Almost dreamlike...
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam