Call for Gallery Submissions

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

areyouguystwins

Here ya go...

Post by areyouguystwins »

. . . not everyone's cup of tea . . . however . . . the whole Andy series was drawn and animated in Anime Studio Pro 5.5.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... E036D42886
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Well... this is something I had started doing earlier and then finished it up with some screen captures from AS 6.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIizjus-zC0

p.s. Most of the clips were rerendered in AS 6 pro

-vern
AniPierre

Post by AniPierre »

Wow Vern,

That kind of demo could make an extremely powerful selling tool. I love the whole idea of showing the animation and then the rigging and technique behind it.

I have also checked out your website and while very little of it is actually live at the moment, I can't wait until it is. Sign me up!

I'm really excited about seeing how you set up your rigs, especially the kind you show around the 2 minute mark on your reel. Your are the master!

AgentSmith, please, Please, PLEASE include this demo reel on Smith Micro's page. It alone will sell tons of copies of Anime Studio.

Pierre
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Thanks AniPierre!

I had so much fun with this. I want to do more like this. I have lots of little animated files that look great but you can't see how they were done. I plan to incorporate this in my tutorials from now on. One of the tutorials I just did shows exactly how to set up bone chains like I used for "Larry Liger's" tail. I should actually use that file at the end for a real world example.

I did however... speed up the "working" clips. I could squeeze a lot more into it. I hope that doesn't give the wrong impression on the "speed" of the application. I drink a lot of coffee but not THAT much. ;)

-vern
Dodgy

Post by Dodgy »

I agree, that's some gorgeous rigging work there.
b15fliptop

Post by b15fliptop »

Wow. There are some seriously talented folks on this forum! Makes me realize what a hack I am!
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Thats a very fun form to see AS in action, Vern! I hope it don't intimidate new users, you know, your constructions are so perfect. Maybe we all should show our files this way on share your work. Uhm, if just my computer could capture at a decent frame rate :(

Hey, Mikdog and Barry work is awesome, I always have admired them. I would like to see some new animations from sang on the new gallery too. They show 3 different ways of animate on AS, which make fell the software as versatile as it is.
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

Really cool Vern!
I was wondering. I recall you were planning to release a pack on CP with a setup / rigged character. Are you still planning this? Or is there anyway we can see the example how you rig those characters up?
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

b15fliptop wrote:Wow. There are some seriously talented folks on this forum! Makes me realize what a hack I am!
Your stuff ROCKS! Sea of idiots is HYSTERICAL!!! I got caught off guard, and laughed so hard coffee came out my nose.... and I wasn't drinking any coffee which is REALLY strange. ;)

-vern
b15fliptop

Post by b15fliptop »

heyvern wrote: I got caught off guard, and laughed so hard coffee came out my nose.... and I wasn't drinking any coffee which is REALLY strange. ;)
I would have that looked at, probably...

But seriously, that means a lot coming from you. Your stuff is at a whole different level. I know enough about animating to tell the stories I want to tell, but you, and several others here, are artists.
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

OOPS! I just notived you did provide some examples in AS6! Sorry Vern! :D
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Here's another one that was actually a "real" job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99jHKTRZWcs

I am in the "Potato" group. I am ALWAYS in the potato group. ;)

-vern
Barry Baker

Post by Barry Baker »

I took some time to peruse the rest of the work here, and there's some great examples. Apart from Mikdog's goldfish film, which I already mentioned, here are some others that impressed me.

Sea of Idiots by b15fliptop is really well written, and makes good use of AS's 3D features. Most importantly, it makes me laugh!

I love Selgin's "johnson's teletón spot". It's beautifully designed and fluid. Very impressive.

Vern's demo reel is amazing! Your bone rigs are way in advance of modern terrestrial science and lead me to suspect you are an emissary from the distant future.

Barry
The400th

Post by The400th »

Our MarCom team is looking for new samples of work done with Anime Studio.
What's MarCom? Is it a festival or website?
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

I would *guess* it's Marketing and Communications -- the cutting edge of Smith Micro...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?