Call for Gallery Submissions

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

heyvern

Post by heyvern »

"MarCom" is a very secretive and dark element in the corporate world. They are specialized teams of agents, experts in martial arts trained to protect and promote the image of the company at any cost including their own lives or even the lives of those around them. Do NOT cross the "MarCom". They are invisible, silent and can walk through walls (very much like... flatulence). You will never see them... if you do see them... it's already too late.

I was a "MarCom" agent for 12 years... Luckily I never had to kill anyone. ;)

-vern
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

Vern,

Yeah, a belated "wow" to your work -- shows what someone with real artistic talent can actually do with AS.

Those of us with zero talent can only be awed -- but I'm still glad that AS allows even us to tell our stories, as limited as they may be. Thanks for sharing.
The400th

Post by The400th »

I would *guess* it's Marketing and Communications -- the cutting edge of Smith Micro
D'oh! Of course! Thanks.

But I prefer Vern's explanation, though. :D
etherpictures

Post by etherpictures »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctoj1wnmyWo

This was done only using Anime Studio and Genete's 3d scripts.
I bring you 2.5D gears.
Last edited by etherpictures on Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jwlane

Gallery Submission

Post by jwlane »

There are shots here that use ASPro particles for smoke, grass blowing in the wind, etc. All the characters and props (people, birds, boats, shed clothing, pouring and splashing liquids etc.) are ASPro.

Let me know what parts are desirable, and I'll add some sound effects. Or, SM can add demo reel music.

Vimeo compressed the chroma. I'll send a better looking clip.

http://www.vimeo.com/3216500
heyvern

Re: Gallery Submission

Post by heyvern »

jwlane wrote:There are shots here that use ASPro particles for smoke, grass blowing in the wind, etc. All the characters and props (people, birds, boats, shed clothing, pouring and splashing liquids etc.) are ASPro.
HOly freaking COW! My mind is officially blown. Fantastic... awe inspiring.

-vern
judahlion

Post by judahlion »

I have to say that animation was VERY impressive!! :D
Barry Baker

Post by Barry Baker »

I'll echo that - really impressive work.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Barry - please could you let me in on a secret? How did you get Neo-Mickey's jet particles in the beginning of the shirt to change colours like that? You really rocked the particles in this short. Any tips? Also looks like you used a lot of automatic bone wiggling. I'd really like to get some kind of insider info on your process. I remember seeing the storyboard which you stayed extremely true to.
b15fliptop

Post by b15fliptop »

@jwlane Wow! Really impressive!
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Mikdog wrote:Barry - please could you let me in on a secret? How did you get Neo-Mickey's jet particles in the beginning of the shirt to change colours like that? You really rocked the particles in this short. Any tips?
I think he just changed the color of the shape on vector layer inside the particles. It's something pretty easy to do. Generally one don't play as much with particles, but I think the secret of AS particles is work first animating the vector layer and then assigning the value to particles.
Here is a little color change file
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?q2mntwjh2yw

PD: Do you now what I have just discovered? The new scatter tool is a fantastic tool to generate something similar to particles. Play with scattering animated vectors (you have placed on the folder of scatter) on different frames and you'll understand. It's fantastic!
Patmals

Re: Gallery Submission

Post by Patmals »

jwlane wrote:There are shots here that use ASPro particles for smoke, grass blowing in the wind, etc. All the characters and props (people, birds, boats, shed clothing, pouring and splashing liquids etc.) are ASPro.

Let me know what parts are desirable, and I'll add some sound effects. Or, SM can add demo reel music.

Vimeo compressed the chroma. I'll send a better looking clip.

http://www.vimeo.com/3216500
That's beautiful!
MidtownDicks

Its "Google"

Post by MidtownDicks »

This is the newest Max and Chicken short. MTD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDSBle5bmYk
MidtownDicks

Post by MidtownDicks »

b15fliptop wrote:Part 9 probably looks the coolest, but some of the effects under the logo on the stage are from Motion. Everything else is ASP, though.
Part 9 might look the coolest, but Part 7 is hands down the funniest. The drummer should be in every episode. Bad as hell, man.
toonertime

a monster surprise

Post by toonertime »

This was a little 10 second thing I did For TISA,
the Toronto Animation event. ANYONE who submitted
something was put into a film compilation to be shown
at the event!

Since talent or competence wasn't needed, I made this
little toon.

http://www.vimeo.com/1013788