New YouTube Channel using Anime Studio

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Overdroid

New YouTube Channel using Anime Studio

Post by Overdroid »

Hey everyone.

I'm new to the boards. Hi!

I've just started using AS and I love it.

I just started this youtube channel.
I am using anime studio and I thought you might like to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/sharkytrue
Last edited by Overdroid on Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Overdroid

Post by Overdroid »

You can put any thoughts you have in this thread.
If you have any comments good or bad.
Thanks. :D
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

The cartoons are well done and amusing. What I hate is that new layout to YouTube channels where it doesn't show comments or WHAT the video is in response TO, so in many cases the joke is lost because there's no knowing what the joke even is. BOO YOUTUBE!

But nice work otherwise. :)
~Danimal
Overdroid

Post by Overdroid »

Yeah they are looking to drive traffic away from videos and towards channels (especially established channels or channels that are paid for). So it's really not a great time to start a youtube channel from scratch.

Also, thanks for the feedback. :)
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Danimal wrote:The cartoons are well done and amusing. What I hate is that new layout to YouTube channels where it doesn't show comments or WHAT the video is in response TO,
The channels do have a "comments tab" under each video. You have to click on it specifically to see those comments but they are there. I don't like the fact that when you click on some of those links the "layout" changes and you have to click another link to see all the videos for the channel again.

Not sure how I feel about the Youtube channels. When I created my channel the whole thing was still in "beta" which wasn't that long ago. I think it does give each person a way to customize how things look but it's still a bit limiting... but less so than the "regular" posting of videos. I do like that you can turn off "related videos" for a channel. This is what prevented me from setting up one for my father's Mennonite Historical Society. Often the videos are not appropriate for the CONTENT. Who wants a religious organization with fund raising banquet videos that have "related content" of "Nude News Announcers"? Bad idea. ;) Recently a relative of mine was on his local news getting an award for saving his father's life. Someone posted this on Youtube and the related videos on the same page were not... appropriate and confused many of my conservative relatives who assumed they were put there "on purpose" by someone. I had to explain that they were NOT related in anyway except by some type of key word association and not to assume anything.

The beauty and success of Youtube was due to it being exactly the same for everything. Nothing changed for every video. People like "sameness" and familiarity. Now switching "channels" in Youtube can be visually "jarring" because it looks different for each one. The links can be in different spots. Things can be "missing" or removed by the channel designer. This changes the dynamic of Youtube.

------

Someone recently made a very good point to me about this sort of thing the other day:

It doesn't matter what is "around" your content. The fancy buttons and colors and images aren't important. If you have great content that people WANT to see you could have plain black text on a white background with nothing fancy except simple links to click on to watch videos. As long as the content is worth watching everything else is just more work and a distraction.

I agree with this concept up to a point. ;) This is probably what caused Youtube to catch on. It was the first and it wasn't "fancy". It was just "easy to do". Not sure if the "channel" thing will become a successful thing for Youtube. I still prefer the "old" way of viewing. I have been getting more people signing up to my channel which is a good thing I suppose. When you sign up for a channel you do get notices of new content which is good.

-vern
dsaenz825

Post by dsaenz825 »

Ah yes, the old inappropriate related videos. Happened to me once =P: confused some of my viewers for a while.

But I still liked the old layout better, so I kept it.
I hope this is not the start of many "back in my day" remarks by old folk. lol
I love comments for they help me improve on my weaknesses.
Overdroid

Post by Overdroid »

Well, I just bought version 6. So I'm going to be moving over to it (even though it still has some issues). The toons seem to open ok, although it is a little crashy. I can't seem to find any solid info on when then first update will be out on the boards.
KartoonManagement

My Kartoons

Post by KartoonManagement »

Check out my series Jay's Life on youtube!!

www.youtube.com/user/KartoonManagement
Acochran_89

Post by Acochran_89 »

Kartoon Management: ok dude, I've seen your post now in all sorts of sections on other ppls threads...we get that you have a cartoon!!!! Stop spaming other ppls threads and start your own in the share your work section. It's rude and will only turn people away unless the cartoon is beyond amazing...which as i already said in another place that you posted it..it's not
wolldo

Post by wolldo »

hey sharky, i'm the guy who did the deemedpathetic channel - you commented on my profile, it's still there.

i think your videos are really good. how did u get such a big audience so quickly? i wish that could happen to me.
thanks sharky. i'm thinking of asking you a question ;)
KartoonManagement

Post by KartoonManagement »

@Acochran_89 Wow its not. I never heard that before. Well thanks for downing my work just tryin to get ppl to watch.
Overdroid

Post by Overdroid »

Hey Wolldo,
I got views mostly through 3 methods:

1. Creating cartoon responses to other peoples videos. If those people have a large following then they will click through to see my video response.

2. Promoting my video on Youtube (essentially paying for advertising). It's pretty cheap and my web provider essentially gave me $50 in credit to sign up with ad words.

3. Getting my Facebook friends to watch and creating a Facebook Fan page.

But mostly I try to thank people if they subscribe, and be active in the community, and always put up new content (which I need to keep up with, but have been busy recently).

Hope that helps.
Overdroid

Post by Overdroid »

A new Sharky Cartoon has been posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfE_EP1Scs0
WTC

Post by WTC »

nice work !!:mrgreen:
Overdroid

Post by Overdroid »

Thanks! <:)