Music Video 3

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DarthFurby

Post by DarthFurby »

I saw the link to Cartoon Brew. I haven't always agreed with the way Amid handles things on his blog, some of his thoughts tend to polarize and divide the animation community, but if I see him at a future ASIFA-EAST event, I'll be sure to shake his hand for posting your video. One thing I like about Amid, he speaks his mind.

Personally I thought Soundtracks and Comebacks was better, but I enjoyed this too.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

EDIT - process explanation removed.

Bit too all over the place.
Last edited by Mikdog on Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
super8mm

Post by super8mm »

That's a fun vid! Awesome!

I can't imagine how good it would be if you animated using 100% illegal software!

:lol:
lumarama

Post by lumarama »

super8mm wrote:That's a fun vid! Awesome!

I can't imagine how good it would be if you animated using 100% illegal software!

:lol:
Hey! What do you mean??? For example I can't find anything better for 2d animation than AS. Well... at least I can't find anything better for cut-out animation.
super8mm

Post by super8mm »

It's just thought it was interesting to include that "legal" detail as if it was crucial to the project. :)
toxicink

Post by toxicink »

Its a really cool video nice concept very diffrent the song is ok. I'd like to see some thing like thing in a cartoon serries you should try to make some silly cartoons like this and get it on a cartoon net work before some one takes the idea. I wont i have my hand full as it is.

once again this is some thing that I will make my friends and family see to make them understand what a person can do with the magic of anime studio pro.

Im inspierd

Toxicink.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Thanks.

Regarding the legal stuff, I find its imperative to have legal software if I'm going to make money off things and feel comfortable doing so. I probably need to register for tax soon.

Anyways, I found a whole series worth of stuff I made in AS years ago for a TV show. I wanted to put the whole series up on YouTube but didn't, partly because the TV station owned them but also because it was all made with illegal software (well I kind of owned Moho thanks to a copy UNESCO bought on an animation training course and later won a copy, but didn't own AfterEffects and some of the sound effects I used). So I turfed the DVD. Same with music. I came across some cool tunes I made, but deleted them because I made them with illegal software. Since I bought Photoshop, got Final Cut as an editing program, etc... it was quite a bit of bucks but I feel so much more relaxed now being able to make cash out of work I do. Like I deserve it.

This one producer was in discussion with a studio, and he asked for their licenses. They were using cracked software so he got up and left. No good.

I really think its quite an important thing, so yes, it really was crucial to the project. Using cracked software seems to create an invisible glass ceiling on what you can do, and seems to even put a bad mojo on things. I can speak from experience because I used cracked stuff for years and then decided to get rid of it all - music, software, games... and now I own really only legal stuff. Since then I'm happier to charge more for work, and more comfortable doing what I do.

Toxic - thanks bud. If you wanna get more info I recommend Richard Williams' 'The Animator's Survival Kit'. Its an awesome book.
once again this is some thing that I will make my friends and family see to make them understand what a person can do with the magic of anime studio pro.
Some of Anime Studio is magic, its a great piece of software, but mostly its planning out your actions and figuring out how things work. When I watch the video now it kind of looks a bit static to me, but I'm getting better bit by bit. If you're serious about wanting to learn more about animation I'd recommend this book. Also, Disney's 'The Illusion of Life' is pretty awesome, but if you only get one book, I highly recommend 'The Animator's Survival Kit'. Even if you know Anime Studio inside and out, you're only going to get out stuff that's as good as your put in and learning what other animators have spent years and years learning and figuring out is a pretty good start.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

http://dekku.nofatclips.com/2010/01/gol ... -knox.html

For those of us who collect Mike's excellent work in best resolution: here it is, in all its glory, on Nofatclips.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Thanks slow ;)
patience

Post by patience »

ohe its a awesome to see at a long.

how you made it. very petty. and thanks a lot for preview here.

Have a grate day.