Weird Science

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

grady1017

Weird Science

Post by grady1017 »

Well folks, here's another!

This is the Kid's Church intro for November's, 'Weird Science.'

This time around I actually DID get to design the mascot instead of using their pre-existing one, so that was fun.

The backgrounds are heavily influenced by Dexter's Labratory....one of the greatest cartoons ever!!

Again, all character animation done in AS, compositing done in AE, alot of the backgrounds done with Inkscape (a GREAT open-source free vector program if you ever need one), and 3 elements made in 3ds Max (the molecule, atom, and particles).

http://vimeo.com/7378217

Let me know what you think, and how it could have been better!
Thanks
Who? What?...Huh?
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Whoa! "Anything that doesn't start with the Bible is Weird Science?!!" Modern societies are built on scientific discoveries -- you wouldn't last long without them! The "weird" part is how all this technology is denigrated by people that depend on it...I'm with Copernicus and Darwin on this one.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

I couldn't play the audio since I'm at work...but good job, esp. on the mascot. Very professional.
grady1017

Post by grady1017 »

jahnocli wrote:Whoa! "Anything that doesn't start with the Bible is Weird Science?!!" Modern societies are built on scientific discoveries -- you wouldn't last long without them! The "weird" part is how all this technology is denigrated by people that depend on it...I'm with Copernicus and Darwin on this one.
Well, it's not meant to denigrate science by any means, it's just teaching that the Bible is the standard for truth...I mean, after all, we are Christians, that is what we believe, that is what we teach. There are plenty who agree and plenty who disagree, and that's fine, that's the way the world works...And I completely agree that we wouldn't last long without scientific discoveries! I couldn't have even made the animation without them!

And I do want to point out that's it's not a bunch of lessons on how "evil" science is...rather it's just a fun/wacky theme for kid's to enjoy. You know, Weird Science as in mad scientists and all that jazz.

But anyways, hope you enjoyed the animation atleast! :wink:
Who? What?...Huh?
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

grady1017 wrote:But anyways, hope you enjoyed the animation atleast!
Yeah, animation was pretty good...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Acochran_89

Post by Acochran_89 »

While I'm not a religious person and, like everyone else, has my own views, I thought the animation was great! There were some parts that seemed a little bit stiff, but I think it kind of fits the "edgy" character design so it's not really a bad thing. I love the wacky movements and stuff. Great work once again!
grady1017

Post by grady1017 »

Acochran_89 wrote: There were some parts that seemed a little bit stiff, but I think it kind of fits the "edgy" character design so it's not really a bad thing.
Thanks for the comments and critique Acochran. I agree that there were some stiff movements...I'll have to keep an eye on that next time around!
Who? What?...Huh?