new music video (ob-la-di, ob-la-da)

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

swrecordings

new music video (ob-la-di, ob-la-da)

Post by swrecordings »

this has taken me since november and i think its not half bad.
so here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op-Je-334BY

also note, i am still learning. i only recently started using almost all my own figures. if you look at my channel stuff, even up to fairly recently i was using sample stuff. anyway, hope you enjoy
Gametrog

Cant go wrong with the Beatles!

Post by Gametrog »

Way to stick with it, sometimes finishing a project that you started is the hardest thing to do! You almost have the heads bobbing in time, they are a bit off, if you were to slow them down a step or two, seems like they would hit just a metronome. Fun video!
swrecordings

Post by swrecordings »

glad you enjoyed it! i was trying to lip sync in the first "ob-la-di ob-la-da" clip but it did not quite work. and the heads were off. but i think its still one of my better animations :lol:
swrecordings

Post by swrecordings »

any other ideas on it? i am just looking for feedback
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

Cute music video. :) I especially like your guitar player character. He has a kawaii look. If it were me, I would want to make the characters look more consistent with one another in terms of style. But from reading your youtube comments, it sounds like you had reasons to design the characters the way you did.

My favorite part of that song is when they switch Molly and Desmond's roles at the end of the song. It would be cool to show Desmond as he "does his pretty face." And then Desmond singing in front of the band.

Anyway, good work! :D
swrecordings

Post by swrecordings »

thanks for the feedback, and the guitar player is davedays from youtube (he is a partner) and he is playing a hofner base (the one paul uses). i was going to do something with the role switch but there are a few other projects that i have stalled on trying to finish this one, so i wanted to finish those. but, if i ever re-do it, i will keep that in mind.

as for the characters, i was going to build a different figure for "desmond" but i was about half way done with a "ringo" figure. so i used him as desmond. i think it ended up working quite well

anyway, i am glad for the feedback.
swrecordings

Post by swrecordings »

any other advice?
toonertime

Post by toonertime »

your opening lettering in the title is very hard to read

i would use fatter, more easier to read letters that
dominate the foreground rather than get lost in
the background
tonyg

Post by tonyg »

The letters, the lip-sync and, unless my eyes are failing, Molly loses an ankle while standing in her doorway (e.g. at 1:13).
swrecordings

Post by swrecordings »

the opening i did when i started the project back in november, next time i am going to use a less complex background. and i just went threw it and for some reason she does loose an ankle. and the lip sync was off a bit.

thanks for the catches. i may re-post it with changes eventually but am going to add the knowledge i learned from this project to my future ones.

thanks for the advice

sw
swrecordings

Post by swrecordings »

i also am now working on "pinball wizard" and that may be done soon. i will post a picture of some of the bits when i have them