My Cartoons-Check em Out!

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

james

My Cartoons-Check em Out!

Post by james »

Hello!

This is James of Big Castle Productions. Please check out my cartoons on my website, www.bigcastleproductions.com.

You will find the Kingdom Rebels series (also at www.kingdomrebels.com), which the latest installment, "The Passion of the Kingdom Rebels", has been called "...funnier than Mel [Gibson] and Jesus combined..." by Lloyd Kaufman, president of Troma Entertainment and creator of the Toxic Avenger.

You will also find "Toxic Adventures", the new cartoon short I did for Troma Entertainment, that will be appearing on the upcoming 1st ever DVD release of the Troma Classic "Class of Nuke 'Em High 2: Subhumanoid Meltdown" (available August 31st).

Plus much more!

Check it out!
James Bernardinelli
Big Castle Productions
"Quality cartoons in bad taste."
www.bigcastleproductions.com
james@bigcastleproductions.com
riotcrue

funny stuff

Post by riotcrue »

hey cant wait for episode 2, the passion one didnt work though it just took me to a page with some code on it, tried right clicking it too, oh welll, keep up the good work, im sure ill see u in hell, oh and the cronic masterbator was great as well
james

Post by james »

Thanks, man!

Right click and "Save Target As" for the Passion...that will work...

...I'm working on "Kingdom Rebels: The Movie" right now...

Thanks again!
James Bernardinelli
Big Castle Productions
riotcrue

got it to work

Post by riotcrue »

ya the passion was good, toxic adventures was just wrong but really funny, i think lard ass was based on my old roomate, he always would say i gotta take a crap and ate constantly. the L on his shirt was the best part, wheres shrily at? lol , cant wait for the movie, and be sure to look back on here in a few months when i get my cartoon done,later
james

Post by james »

Thanks!

Toxic Adventures is based on Troma's Toxic Avenger characters. To see the live action Toxie and Lardass fight for the freedom of Tromaville, check out Troma's "Citizen Toxie: The Toxic Avenger Part IV". www.troma.com!
James Bernardinelli
Big Castle Productions
Simpy

Post by Simpy »

Lol interesting.... :wink:
Fear Me Mortals
thedoc

nice

Post by thedoc »

went by your site and will downlod one and comment....

i wanted to know how your company was structured? who's there who does what and what services you offer?

can you PM me?
thedoc

cool

Post by thedoc »

i got this other cartoon about last fighting the giant penis? then they had to fight the bogers.... truly sick but i like the camera movements though...the story? it's gross but funny.

I want an in depth case study of how you done it... is that possible? How many people were there to do the production, how long it took in pre-production and in actual production...
james

Post by james »

Thanks for checking it out!

I'm sorry that a few of the cartoons are offline right now, because the website has exceeded it's allowed bandwidth for the month...they will be back online Nov. 1st...

"Toxic Adventures" was done for Troma Entertainment, utilizing characters from their live action "Toxic Avenger" films, plus a few original characters that I created (the Booger Blobs and the Penis Robots). I wrote the script and then recorded the voice overs in my home studio...which at the time was just a $30 microphone into my iMac, recording the dialogue in ProTools. After the dialogue and preliminary character sketches were done, all of the animation was done in Toon Boom Animation Studio (a great program, but more expensive than Moho). Animation took about 5 months.

A bit on the Toon Boom process, which is quite similar to Moho: Toon Boom, like Moho, allows multiple 2D layers in a 3D space with virtual camera movements. I also took digital photos of the alley behind my apartment for some backdrops, as well as constructing a few simple 3D computer backdrops (the saucer interior). Things like the animated water at the end was done in Bryce 3D.

After the animation was done, everything was composited and edited in Final Cut Pro. Then original music was composed and added in.

The reason why it took so long to make was because I was doing this outside of my full-time day job. I would think it wouldn't take so long if it was worked on full-time.

"Toxic Adventures" now appears on 3 Troma DVDs as an extra feature: "Mirror of Death", "Lust and Desire in Vegas High Stakes" and "Class of Nuke "Em High 2".
James Bernardinelli
Big Castle Productions
kdiddy13

Post by kdiddy13 »

That is really an impressive amount of work in 5 months all while working full time. It ain't easy to work the indy animation thing!
________
Og kush pictures