first scene

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

lwaxana

first scene

Post by lwaxana »

Hey all! I have shown a lot of this before, but here is my first actual scene put together. I have a few changes to make including adding a character to the first shot, but this is pretty close. Hope you like it! Be warned, it may be ever so slightly nsfw.

http://vimeo.com/17429191
Uolter

Post by Uolter »

Excellent work! You put togheter a nice shot...all involving, I like how you rendered feelings and the carefulness of animation, very smooth...the banjo guy head turn is a pearl! and nice use of colours, they give a suggestive flavour. I loved it!
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

I love how this coming together! (Not nsfw at all btw.) Even though there's no dialogue, the subtext comes through quite well. Sweet.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Overall impression: really great. I like your choice of colours and the thick outlines, as well as the very reduced animation. I'm amazed what you did with the eyes, even without eyebrows.

Details: still a bit stiff for my taste. The singer starts singing without moving his body, which is highly unnatural. Maybe a small tilt of the body to indicate he's inhaling before singing?

All characters are very upright, which doesn't fit being in a pub. The singer should have a more rounded back, the girl in front of him should really lean her weight on the arm. Of course I know how difficult it is to draw this, but it would help.
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

I particularly enjoyed the effect of the flickering candle on the wall. Very nicely done!
~Danimal
fracturedray

Post by fracturedray »

great work lwaxana!!!

It is good to see you still working on this considering how much you have already put into it. Lot's of commitment. Passion for animation you have...
Hi animation world.
gravly

Post by gravly »

Your animation has a 'look' - a stylistic consistency in the way you draw, your line widths etc. This is a good thing - it ties it all together.

I am truly impressed by this animation.
Imago

Post by Imago »

Good work!
I liked so much the mouths.
But I think they lacks of expressivity without brows...
Sorry for my bad english... Q_Q