Super Mario the Silent Film

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Kedric

Super Mario the Silent Film

Post by Kedric »

Here is a silent film I made with Super Mario.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z07crEIlWTQ

All the constructive criticism I have been getting from these forums are really helping out a lot. Please give me some advice for how I could improve if you have any.

I really struggled with the decision to keep it in color. I was going to use another program to get it an old silent film look which would have ripped the color. What do you all think?
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Very good. You made an awesome work here. As critic I only could say you that in the next try to accelerate most of the movements (jumps especially).
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Great water fall at the start. How did you make that?
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Entertaining and fun - who could ask for more?
~Danimal
shoepie

Re: Super Mario the Silent Film

Post by shoepie »

That's a lovely little animation, so much detail.
Kedric wrote: I really struggled with the decision to keep it in color. I was going to use another program to get it an old silent film look which would have ripped the color. What do you all think?
That's a tough one. I think the bright colours work really well but it'd be interesting to see it in B&W. How come you didn't add little text/cutaways (I'm not sure of the term) like in old silent movies? "Oh no, the Princess has been kidnapped" etc.
ShoePie.co.uk - My animations.
Axlen

Post by Axlen »

It's easy to get an old film effect in AS. Check out this post.
viewtopic.php?t=725
Bifocals are both wonderful and a PITA.
Kedric

Post by Kedric »

sbtamu wrote:Great water fall at the start. How did you make that?
Sbtamu, I saw your comment on Youtube.

When I first read the comment, I thought I may had used a similar technique that you used in one of your videos. I have watched countless tutorials the past eight months as I was learning how to use the program. I think I watched a tutorial on how to make a waterfall.

I do not think it would be appropriate to give credit to every tutorial maker on youtube that I watched.

I took a look at your videos, afterward. I have never seen your waterfall videos before.

It is possible somebody else used a similar style as you? Perhaps you took your tutorial down.

Let me know what you think.
Kedric

Post by Kedric »

selgin wrote:As critic I only could say you that in the next try to accelerate most of the movements (jumps especially).
Thanks for the feedback. I started to notice that the movement (jumps especially) was pretty slow through the first half. I tried to speed them up once he got to the pipe maze. Do you think the movements through the pipe maze need to be accelerated as well?
Kedric

Post by Kedric »

Axlen wrote:It's easy to get an old film effect in AS. Check out this post.
viewtopic.php?t=725
Axlen, this is awesome! Thanks!

It also keeps it in color as well! Well that solves that question. :-)

After I make the next two renditions of the mario cartoon, I will make a final one with all of them together. I will use that effect on it.

Thanks again. :-)
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Kedric wrote:
sbtamu wrote:Great water fall at the start. How did you make that?
Sbtamu, I saw your comment on Youtube.

When I first read the comment, I thought I may had used a similar technique that you used in one of your videos. I have watched countless tutorials the past eight months as I was learning how to use the program. I think I watched a tutorial on how to make a waterfall.

I do not think it would be appropriate to give credit to every tutorial maker on youtube that I watched.

I took a look at your videos, afterward. I have never seen your waterfall videos before.

It is possible somebody else used a similar style as you? Perhaps you took your tutorial down.

Let me know what you think.
I remember posting a Video showing the exact waterfall as the one you have(it was not a tutorial it was a video I uploaded to youtube showing LM forum my progress). I have since deleted that video but the .anme is still on my computer.

May I ask what web site you got that waterfall from?
Sorry for bad animation

sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

here is a low resolution of what the waterfall is used for. No way I will post a higher resolution again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP2-jET1XSo
Sorry for bad animation

Kedric

Post by Kedric »

Sbtamu,

No, thats not the video I had seen. I remember a cartoon cat in the waterfall tutorial that I saw. After the tutorial there was an example with a final product. The video zoomed in on the cats face before it plunged into the waterfall.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by"what website?"

Are you claiming that I actually somehow got ahold of your .anme file and used your waterfall?
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Kedric wrote:Sbtamu,

No, thats not the video I had seen. I remember a cartoon cat in the waterfall tutorial that I saw. After the tutorial there was an example with a final product. The video zoomed in on the cats face before it plunged into the waterfall.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by"what website?"

Are you claiming that I actually somehow got ahold of your .anme file and used your waterfall?
Not at all, I mean what web site did you see the tutorial. Or the actual video on. I want to take a look at it.
Sorry for bad animation

Kedric

Post by Kedric »

I saw it on youtube.