Turning Test with Spartan warriors!

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

crsP

Post by crsP »

Nice work. It's a bit like shadow puppet plays, but with animation.

I have a suggestion. The attacker seems to have made a stabbing action to his foe's neck, as opposed to a slashing motion. If you held a few frames [a moving hold may be better] of the spear embedded in him, before pulling out, it would register easier with the audience. It would also give the impression of a more powerful blow as the spear is removed from the flesh, and possibly bone.

As for tips for the tutorial, I thought it was done well. One irritating part you could have removed was AS going into preview mode every time you clicked on the canvas, therefore making the gradient blink on and off. You could turn off 'shape effects' in the 'Display Quality' drop-down to avoid that happening. Whilst you're in there, you could also enable anti-aliasing, if not already on.
shift

Post by shift »

I thought he left the preview on so we could see what it looked like at the different stages.
Poptoogi

Post by Poptoogi »

Really great concise tutorial Impact! I've used scaling somewhat for walk cycles and whatnot but you've shown me how powerful the scale tool really is! Awesome!!!
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty! Pause, consider, do! I dare you!
Impact

Post by Impact »

Im glad It helped so much!

crsP, Thanks for the feedback, I tweeked It and it looks much better now. Im hoping to make a full animation with these charectors once I get my new computer!

If their are any other tutorials that you guys would like to see I would be happy to make them
GoBoks

Post by GoBoks »

neeters_guy wrote:That's a useful technique you've described. Thanks for sharing.
For some context, the idea of using crossed bones for scaling in two directions has been discussed before:
"X" and "Y" Bone Scaling!
(Neat idea: Heyvern suggests constraining one of the bones to minimize distortion on the extremes.)
Hi All,
I'm a first time user and this is my first post. Don't mean to ask for the world, but has anyone got, or can do a tutorial on the "x" and "y" bone scaling? Sounds like a very useful technique.
Impact

Post by Impact »

viewtopic.php?t=18154&highlight=

I sort of go over how to do it here, this is less of a tutorial than just showing how I did the animation, still might help though