Warrior Scar and First Animated Comedy Images

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

PARKER

Post by PARKER »

Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

PARKER wrote:Image
Hmm...looks uncannily like my palette. Could be pure coincidence. Out of interest, you lift some colours off some of my comics or something? The colours look uncannily similar to a palette I've been using for like, 5 years!
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

I took the colors from one of the AS swatches: .Default.png
i dont even remember you having a comic book.
Anybody can just take a look at that swatch and compare it with the BG i posted here, you can realize they are the same colors.
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

Working on it:
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Lol. Well, looking good here. Even if you did use 'my' colours, there's no such thing as owning on a colour ... is there?

Bgs look pretty good. What you could also do is model a basic room in Google SketchUp, export a still and base as AS room off it.
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

PARKER

Post by PARKER »

Military store:

chucky

Post by chucky »

Perspective looks a little weird on the train seats Parker.
It seems you have gone for a formal look rather than whacky angles, so watch the 1 point vs 2 or 3 point perspective, look to the wall at the back of the carriage the shelves, all the lines running perpendicular to the lengths of the carriage.
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

Ok thanks but im not sure why you thought its a train, its a restaurant.
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

I like them, but their hair is a bit bland. Can't you factor in a buzz cut, a pony tail etc.?
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

Im working on that, soon i will post an update.
shift

Post by shift »

I absolutely love your work. Warrior scar feels like Samurai Jack a cartoon I loved. I prefer the blond bearded Yuntao character as the lead. Looks different. Very identifiable. I would suggest you find some suspense music to add to the animation to give the scenes more momentum. The sound effects you used were fine. The rape voice was probably the only poor quality sound but neither here nor there. You did a great job. I would watch that series.

I love the background. I slightly see why someone was saying the table looked off in the first room for you comedy series but it didn't bother me at all. I imagine you probably used references and as such the objects have the same perspective. Sometimes modelling off of real life looks weird in drawing. As for the diner. I'm not sure why he thought it was a train. It was obviously a diner even before you put in the details. I see nothing wrong with the perspective of the seats in the diner at all. I'm no expert, but diner looks extremely well done.

The only place I would say there might be a perspective issue, is between the last seat and the wall to the far right. The wall doesn't seem to have the right angle. It does have a perpendicular perspective. But based on the fact that this scene might pass fast I'm not sure it really matters.

I love your work...keep it up. If you ever need a writer let me know.
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

shift wrote:I absolutely love your work. Warrior scar feels like Samurai Jack a cartoon I loved. I prefer the blond bearded Yuntao character as the lead.
I was thinking about that too, his look is unique, if i make other Warrior Scar short i will change the lead character so yuntao would be the real scar.
I love Samurai Jack as well, it inspired me to make this action cartoon.

I know, the sound was very bad but i didnt want to spend too much time getting the correct sound and music because actually i would have had to spend money to get a good quality audio.
I focused mainly in the animaton and thats why i realesed the short very fast i didint want it to take me too long.

Thanks, i dont see a major problem with the perspective neither but though i consider myself a good BG artist, i have problems with perpective, its my weak point.

Believe me you can find many perspective mistakes and other kinds in shows like family guy and others, what happen is that when your watching the tv shows you are watching the characters and not paying to much attention to the BGs so you dont realize about them but they make mistakes as well.
The reason people easily can see my mistakes here is mainly because im showing them as stills.

Are you good at writing humor stories?
shift

Post by shift »

I am good at humor but of course humor is relative to the audience and culture. I wish I had something to show you but most of the comedic stuff I have are either in my nations dialect or other peoples work that I am not privy to disclose until they have released it.

The best I can do is show you my blog which has some mild idle humor. Just some short comic strips and a short animation I did for testing purposes.

Comic Strip I
http://madmidgetpro.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... ry-me.html

Comic Strip II
http://madmidgetpro.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... click.html

Short Animation
http://madmidgetpro.blogspot.com/2010/1 ... e-you.html

Again, not my best work, but it gives an idea. For the animation I advise you use head phones or turn up the speakers. Like you I was doing a quick animation to (learn in my case) I wasn't focusing on sound.