The Dream Detective Motion Comic

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ayafan

The Dream Detective Motion Comic

Post by ayafan »

Hi all, I just want to share a motion comic style animated piece called The Dream Detective. I would like to know what everyone thinks of it. :)

Here’s the link: http://vimeo.com/20751152

If you want to see more of The Dream Detective and Are You Awake, come check out www.areyouawake.tv

Thanks for looking!
Vagabond

Post by Vagabond »

Beautiful style. Thanks for changing up the tilts and word slices. There was a lot of character introduction and the slices started to detract from the story after a while.

But I'm about to play sick at work and go try out that character style.

Good job!
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Great stuff. Wanna see more.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
ayafan

Post by ayafan »

Thanks for the feedback guys!
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Very nice style and a good premise (I especially like that you didn't give some silly explanation ilke he was hit by lightning or something). I gotta be honest though, 30 seconds in, at the 10th curse word I bowed out. I'm not a prude, I just kind of like storytelling versus vulgarity.

I'm readily admitting that this is all on me and I'm sure it's really excellent.
~Danimal
ruscular3d

Post by ruscular3d »

I think you have something great! I agree on the vulgarity, you could make up a new word and sub that in and maybe become a trend, like Battlestar Gallatica did with their swear word. *Frak* Honestly, the only time I use it is when I drop a hammer on my toe. Too much of it feels like your trying to get a reaction from it and pull you away from the story.

I would have rather see the eyebrow animated with a layer, and point binding than bone influence of photo. But that is what motion comic is with marvel's new line of motion comic.

Otherwise this feels like a professional produce series that has great potential.
impossibilia

Post by impossibilia »

I dig it. Nicely executed, good blend of polished visuals and solid editing, and it looks like you've got your casting all planned out when Hollywood comes calling.
kevindgreen

Post by kevindgreen »

Awesome work.