My First Animation

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

TheKidd

My First Animation

Post by TheKidd »

Here is my very first animation. Tried to do all the basics but I have to admit I'm still figuring out the walking thing. Check out the video and let me know what you think. It's my first animation so be easy. Oooooh who am I kidding :lol:
It's for a cartoon series I'm creating called Vintage Records about an R&B singing prodigy that learns the hardships of life and expresses his lessons through his music. This music video features Seven singing "Be There"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orufyFPc ... ideo_title
The phase of your life you're in is always the hardest; until you reach the next one.
ruscular3d

Post by ruscular3d »

I think the artwork is great!

The animation needs work of course!

I think you know you need to work on the walking. But you also need to work on the arms to avoid the floating arms. What I do is set up a series of pose of where the arm is placed, then setup the pause for freezing the arm movement then fill in the rest. Either have the arm swinging with the step of your feet or actively doing something. Try to get rid of the slow drifting arm movement.

The side turn of the body in 3D didn't work so well. It would be better to create a quarter turn view of your character.

I am impress with the art side of the animation.

I left the walking part out, hoping that someone has a good front walking tutorial.
ToonLifeOnline

Post by ToonLifeOnline »

A lot better than my first animation.
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

Love it! Your vision as a director really comes through and the piece feels fresh. I think that if you take your vision and develop the animation technique you will do amazing things. looking forward to seeing more.
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Looked great! Keep at it and you'll be animating circles around all of us in no time!
~Danimal
TheKidd

Post by TheKidd »

Thanks for the feedback. I'm looking forward to showing you my next animation. Hopefully it's an improvement.
The phase of your life you're in is always the hardest; until you reach the next one.