Character Wizard Mod Example

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

neeters_guy

Character Wizard Mod Example

Post by neeters_guy »

I'm sharing this with anyone who might it find it interesting or helpful to see one possible way to customize the character wizard.
CharacterWizard Walk Test (Anime Studio Pro 8 )

If you want to try this yourself, here are my modded body parts and anme file generated, plus screenshots of the CW settings: ng_cw_3.zip

It would be nice to be able to share these settings as a file (is this possible?), but you can follow the screenshots if you want to copy what I did.

edit: update link incl. preset file.
Last edited by neeters_guy on Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: Character Wizard Mod Example

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Nice example! Sorry, I didn't see it before.
neeters_guy wrote:It would be nice to be able to share these settings as a file (is this possible?)
Sure it can be done! The presets are saved in
"C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\Smith Micro\Anime Studio Pro\8.0\Character Wizard Presets"
(in my case)

PD: I created a preset and then search the filename with Search Everything (another isolated post), this way was easy to find where the presets were.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Fab! You're a smart guy, selgin! Thanks for finding that.
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Sorry neeters, I meant to post a reply and i got sidetracked. I've been working on some mods of my own and hope to post some soon. think we could use your thread as a place to posts mods or do you want to start a new thread for this? BTW, thx for the mods, i've added them to my CW.
@selgin: thx for the info, i've been wanting this also :)
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

I expect most people will start their own threads and post their creations...actions, mods, settings...which is fine with me. I love seeing what others come up with.

Thanks for humoring me. I didn't really expect people to bump my thread (although I appreciate it :)).
kpanime

How to make the neck mod for character wizard?

Post by kpanime »

Do I make the layer for neck?
neeters_guy

Re: How to make the neck mod for character wizard?

Post by neeters_guy »

kpanime wrote:Do I make the layer for neck?
As you've noticed, the exported rig has no neck bone, just a single head bone. There are several ways to deal with this:

1) Shorten the head bone and make that the neck bone. Add another bone to neck, making it the new head bone. Rebind the head layer to new head bone. Create a new neck layer and bind to the neck bone (delete the neck points in the original head layer).

2) Rather than adding another bone to rig, convert head group to a bone layer (right click the layer, choose Convert To Bone), and add a set of neck and head bones to it. Layer bind all the layers (except the head layer) to the new head bone. For the head layer, point bind all the points to new head bone, then point bind the neck points to the new neck bone.

Sometimes your animation won't need the extra neck bone to work or you can do minor movements using point animation.

Hope that helps.