Tradition Animated TVC done in AS

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Wena Parry

Post by Wena Parry »

digitalartguru, DK's link dose not work, and I was looking forward to see the Elephants!!

Wena
DK

Post by DK »

Hi Remy.
You picked up the one darn mistake in the whole thing. I knew I accidentally left it out and hoped no one would notice :oops:

Cheers
D.K
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Just for kicks DK. I do not see a way to download these. Never mind. I downloaded download helper and it had a download option. I can see now.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
DK

Post by DK »

Hi sbtamu
If you right click (windows) on the link and select "Save As" you should be able to download them directly to your computer and play them there.

Cheers
D.K
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Thanks Dk. I had a old age moment. I have downloaded links many many times in my internet life but totally went blank on this one. I got used to people just uploading to youtube or other video host.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
crsP

Post by crsP »

Nice. One thing i would have liked though is if the old elephant was a lot more distinct from the other two - like really broke down and decrepit. But that probably not what the client would want. Might just be the small size, but they all seemed the same age.

Also not trying to advertise TBA, but I know Toon Boom Studio has an auto gap filling tolerance on the paint bucket tool, as well as a gap closing tool [which is essentially an invisible to the camera line you can draw which the fill tool respects]. These are for the dashed line style animations. Maybe if you are thinking of producing more of these cel type animations, this might make your life easier.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Just watched it.

Nice.

May have been covered already - @ 24 seconds (I think) when he waters the plants with his trunk ... surely the plant is supposed to be under his trunk by that time? Maybe its a rough draft or something, but that struck me as kind of odd that the plant only gets put in position once the watering is done?
DK

Post by DK »

Hey Mikdog....you totally missed the gag dude!!!! :lol:
He is an old elephant right/ so he's getting a bit dottery, you know, forgetfull? Anyways, that was the scriptwriters idea of a visual gag and don't worry personally I did'nt find it funny either but they insisted we put it in. Funnily the client was really concerned about that watering part as they thought people might misconsctrue the water as the elephant being incontinent.

D.K
Genete

Post by Genete »

Hi DK, I've been thinking on a better way to speed up your workflow.
I think that you can avoid the cleaning of the scanned drawing before import into Anime Studio. If you don't remove the white areas of the scanned images you can still "painting" them but instead of place the layers behind the image (transparent image with only outlines) you can use the multiply blend method to colourize them.

I hope this would help :)
-G
DK

Post by DK »

Hi Genete.
That sounds interesting. I might PM you if that's ok?

Cheers
D.K
Genete

Post by Genete »

Sure!
chucky

Re: Tradition Animated TVC done in AS

Post by chucky »

Excellent work DK.
Terrifying prospect fbf in AS.
DK

Re: Tradition Animated TVC done in AS

Post by DK »

Hi Chucky. Yes. I don't think I would attempt it again unless there was a multiple layer shape fill tool just for switch layers.

Cheers
David