my own cartoon

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

nifikail

my own cartoon

Post by nifikail »

Hi all, I'm a newbie here in this forum, and a totally beginner in animating.
I still learn to make my own videos.
and here's my videos so far. :oops:
  • lipsync
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJqOjH7ZREY
    This is my very first video I ever uploaded to youtube, there are some other videos I made, but they're totally sucks, worthless to watch, just about 2 secs long :D
    I tried to use Papagayo here, to lipsync a famous song in my country.
    Not much body movements (almost none), just mouth animating here.
  • "Bola"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0rT23IvPkY
    the title mean "Ball", that is Indonesian language.
    This is my second video, made with old Anime studio 5.6, no voice over, no background music, no background layer, just like that, a ball and a 'cyanide' style character.
  • "Bola (part II)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiQidhMpY-4
    This is my third video, the sequel to the previous one. in this video, I used a background scenery (even just a flat land and a tree), and I learned how to make my own logo in my videos, sound effect generating, etc. Still, no voice over (I don't have good recording equipment), no background music (except for the credit).
(By the way, how to embed youtube videos in this forum?)

please feel free to give comment and critics, so I can do better.

Sorry for my bad English.

Thank you very much. :D
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

Hey Nifikail,

lipsync is fine, but it really needs some movement, and less cycled action on the hand too.

Bola & Bola 2 are actually pretty good! the animation and interaction with the ball is done really well.

Unfortunately, you can't embed youtube videos on this forum.

Good luck with your future videos!
nifikail

Post by nifikail »

About that lipsync vid, it my first long video, And I have no Idea how to move the other body parts naturally when a solo singer singing in the stage :D

Thanks a lot for your comments, I really need it. ;)

anyone else have an opinion for me?
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

On the 'lipsync' video, I was very conscious of the singer's right hand (on the fret) not moving at all. Kind of spoilt it for me. The lipsync wasn't very good, but it was a damn sight better than my first attempt!

The other two -- well, I liked the story-telling aspect. I thought from that angle they were both pretty good. Tell a good story and the animation can be quite poor without anybody complaining! The animation was OK, IMO, some nice little movements...

Looking forward to more - that's always a good sign!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
nifikail

Post by nifikail »

jahnocli wrote:On the 'lipsync' video, I was very conscious of the singer's right hand (on the fret) not moving at all. Kind of spoilt it for me. The lipsync wasn't very good, but it was a damn sight better than my first attempt!
Yes, I didn't move that hand at all, because I focused on the mouth sync, but I'm doing my homework making a new version of this vid, which better body parts movement. :D
jahnocli wrote:The other two -- well, I liked the story-telling aspect. I thought from that angle they were both pretty good. Tell a good story and the animation can be quite poor without anybody complaining! The animation was OK, IMO, some nice little movements...

Looking forward to more - that's always a good sign!
Thanks for your advice, I'll do exactly what you said, I'll make a good story first, and working hard for the animation.

thanks a lot! :D
bowen

Post by bowen »

idn't understand much, but very informative thread! :lol: Appreciate your work! :wink:
nifikail

Post by nifikail »

Thanks, Bowen bro ;)
I tried my best shot to make it as clear as possible :D
SvenFoster

Post by SvenFoster »

@nifikail I cant comment on the lipsync as I moved on to the Ball animations quickly (lips seemed ok, hands were a little distracting as I play guitar)

The Ball ones had some really nice movements in them :D the interactions with the ball were good..i liked

The only things that caught my eye in a bad way were the walks.. the legs were ok but the lack of movement in the body made it seem wrong (with the exception of the guy that sneaked on the screen and tippy-toed/sneaked on.. that worked as he was lightfooted.. )

I enjoyed them.. keep it up..good stuff
--Sven
What *if* the Hokey cokey *is* what its all about?
nifikail

Post by nifikail »

SvenFoster wrote:The only things that caught my eye in a bad way were the walks.. the legs were ok but the lack of movement in the body made it seem wrong (with the exception of the guy that sneaked on the screen and tippy-toed/sneaked on.. that worked as he was lightfooted.. )
thanks for your input :D
body movement is my weakness, I always forget to move them, too focused on one thing, and forget everything else, that is my fault :D

I will fix that in the next video.

Thanks a lot ;)
shift

Post by shift »

Good work especially Bola 1 and 2. THe lip sync was also good. As for the body movement, how exactly are you trying to move the arms?
nifikail

Post by nifikail »

shift wrote:Good work especially Bola 1 and 2. THe lip sync was also good. As for the body movement, how exactly are you trying to move the arms?
I want the arms moves naturally, but I don't know how to sync the arm's movements with the guitar sound, then I just put some keyframes for the left hand randomly, and then copy - paste the rest :oops:

Thanks for your comment.
:D
shift

Post by shift »

What I would do if I were you is is set some key frames very close together then copy and paste them so you have enough points to work with. Then listen to the music to pick out patterns, then shift the key frames around to match the pace of the music.

For faster sections put the key frames closer together then spread them out for slower parts of the music. The idea is to ensure that the arm makes a full up and down motion for each note or up a note, down a note.
SvenFoster

Post by SvenFoster »

Hey welcome.. as I say really liked the balls..
for the walks, you probably just need a little up and down just to give them some weight. keep it up. ;)
nifikail wrote:
SvenFoster wrote:The only things that caught my eye in a bad way were the walks.. the legs were ok but the lack of movement in the body made it seem wrong (with the exception of the guy that sneaked on the screen and tippy-toed/sneaked on.. that worked as he was lightfooted.. )
thanks for your input :D
body movement is my weakness, I always forget to move them, too focused on one thing, and forget everything else, that is my fault :D

I will fix that in the next video.

Thanks a lot ;)
--Sven
What *if* the Hokey cokey *is* what its all about?