Moho object depository

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Fahim, Distinct Sun, Víctor Paredes, erey, Belgarath, slowtiger

Post Reply
Buckwild
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:20 pm

Moho object depository

Post by Buckwild » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:09 am

Hi all, as a new Moho enthusiast I thought it would be cool to have a site where we could all share our objects. I'm still working on the site but you can still start sharing if you want.

And of course, suggestions are always welcome.

http://www.pcmoviemakers.com
User avatar
Rasheed
Posts: 2008
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 8:30 am
Location: The Netherlands

Post by Rasheed » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:38 am

Can you give me more info about what you hope to accomplish with your forum? Is it simply sharing animation files or is there something more to it?
Buckwild
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:20 pm

Post by Buckwild » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:22 pm

Rasheed wrote:Can you give me more info about what you hope to accomplish with your forum? Is it simply sharing animation files or is there something more to it?
Mainly for sharing object files. If the site develops into something more only time will tell. The way things are setup now anyone who visits can download anything (once I get some objects uploaded). To upload though, users must register with the site so I can maintain some control over what is posted. Don't want the site to turn into a warez warehouse.
User avatar
Rasheed
Posts: 2008
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 8:30 am
Location: The Netherlands

Post by Rasheed » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:57 pm

Buckwild wrote:The way things are setup now anyone who visits can download anything (once I get some objects uploaded).
That automatically means that what you're uploading becomes public domain and you lose any copyrights other than being mentioned as the original creator.

I personally wouldn't mind that, because animation will for me be nothing else than a means to pass the time. However, it is possible that (semi-)professionals would not be so willing to give away their art work gratis, while they normally receive pay for it. Unfortunately, those well-designed objects are often the most interesting for visitors.

Have you considered these points?
Buckwild
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:20 pm

Post by Buckwild » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:31 pm

Rasheed wrote: That automatically means that what you're uploading becomes public domain and you lose any copyrights other than being mentioned as the original creator.
Exactly, it’s for people to share…
Rasheed wrote: I personally wouldn't mind that, because animation will for me be nothing else than a means to pass the time. However, it is possible that (semi-)professionals would not be so willing to give away their art work gratis, while they normally receive pay for it. Unfortunately, those well-designed objects are often the most interesting for visitors.

Have you considered these points?
This site isn't intended for pros to sell their work. It is for regular people to share with others what they have made. I've been called out of town and have to leave on the 8th. I will be gone for 7 to 14 days. When I get back I hope to start putting some content up. So for the next week or two PCMM will be on hold for me.
User avatar
gochris
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:30 am
Location: Los Angeles

Post by gochris » Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:45 am

I think it sounds like a good idea.
Originality and rights aren't a problem -- unlike the world of audio sampling, people can modify any visual files to their heart's content.

Personally, i'd love it if people uploaded a character's entire rig to the site.
User avatar
bupaje
Posts: 1175
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:44 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Post by bupaje » Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:34 pm

Just to piggyback on your thread. I had created a site here http://moho.stormvisions.com/ if anyone wants to share tutorials and other moho content (was going to set up an object library as well but don't want to step on Buckwild since he mentioned it) like example .moho files that demo a specific technique etc please use this resource as well.
[url=http://burtabreu.animationblogspot.com:2gityfdw]My AnimationBlogSpot[/url:2gityfdw]
Post Reply