complexity

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jahnocli

Re: complexity

Post by jahnocli »

JohnBozi wrote:Ah its doing my head in..

I tried and dont know what the hell is going on.

Basically I thought I could have a head turn left right and speak - I have no idea how to do this with switches in side switches

what would be the structure of layers for this?

switch head
- head left,
middle,
right -
mouth switch ai i e o u -
eye switch open closed etc
You need to think very carefully about what you want to do and why you want to do it. If you want switch layers to interpolate, the best (only?) way is to design a base vector drawing and copy that into each of your switch vector layers. Let's take a mouth layer for lip sync. This could involve vector shapes for back of the throat, back of tongue, front of tongue, upper teeth, lower teeth, lips and surrounding flesh. To make a switch layer with a series of interpolating phonemes, I would first build a vector layer with all of those shapes in it, then copy it for each phoneme, moving points as I go. Personally, I prefer switch layers for phonemes to snap into place without interpolation, which can make for a 'mushy' speech effect.

So, this is a lot of work just for one viewpoint. Why do you want to combine lip sync with head movement? I'd avoid it like the plague...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
JohnBozi

Post by JohnBozi »

I finally made one with no sound distortion.

Keeping it simple and lowered all the volume tracks.
JohnBozi

Post by JohnBozi »

jahnocli wrote: You need to think very carefully about what you want to do and why you want to do it. If you want switch layers to interpolate, the best (only?) way is to design a base vector drawing and copy that into each of your switch vector layers. Let's take a mouth layer for lip sync. This could involve vector shapes for back of the throat, back of tongue, front of tongue, upper teeth, lower teeth, lips and surrounding flesh. To make a switch layer with a series of interpolating phonemes, I would first build a vector layer with all of those shapes in it, then copy it for each phoneme, moving points as I go. Personally, I prefer switch layers for phonemes to snap into place without interpolation, which can make for a 'mushy' speech effect.

So, this is a lot of work just for one viewpoint. Why do you want to combine lip sync with head movement? I'd avoid it like the plague...
Sorry missed your post...

I watched a few youtube interpolate phoneme things and know how to do that.

I was originally inspired by a youtube video by a guy on this forum I think: Mario brothers heads that moved side to side realistically and spoke.