I Will Burn by The Incurables

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

drumlug13

I Will Burn by The Incurables

Post by drumlug13 »

Some former band mates just put out a new record. They've got this mascot that's a skeleton couple that share the same heart, kind of a romantic '2 forever joined as 1' thing. Really sweet and all right? But I thought it would be pretty funny if one half of the skeleton turned out to be just the absolute worst drinking buddy ever. So I made this to get a laugh out of them.

Youtube doesn't really like my computer anymore so I had to go facebook on this one
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200299248616828
Adam
AmigaMan

Re: I Will Burn by The Incurables

Post by AmigaMan »

Loved it! It's a full blown music video! I thought it was going to be a 10 second funny. Excellent :D
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

Thanks AmigaMan, The stop motion part with all the masking was a bear to work with but still a fun project.

I loved doing the shows when I was able to play with these guys. It's a really good bunch of chaps and a very talented lot to boot. (Workin' on my Brit Speak) By the way, they do an outstanding rendition of Mr. Blue Sky, but I don't think it's found it's way onto Youtube yet ... I'm looking though...
Adam
Scot Solida

Post by Scot Solida »

Great fun to see and hear. The animation is terrific and so is the song. The song is very nicely engineered as well! Especially good vocal performance and recording.
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

Drumlug your 'Brit speak' is better than mine :D I do tend to use 'crikey' quite a lot. I'd like to hear the bands rendition of Mr Blue Sky.
Are you planning on doing any more music video's?
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

Scot Solida wrote:The song is very nicely engineered as well! Especially good vocal performance and recording.
Good ear Scot. They recorded at Sawhorse Studios in St. Louis. An awesome room that's been gettins the attention of some national artists lately. The engineer Jason is super talented and really easy to work with.

Amiga, I couldn't find Blue Sky on youtube but one has to pop up eventually.

I may be doing another one for El Monstero, the big Pink Floyd tribute show, this Summer. But a couple of other bands have asked to do a video just since this one was posted. Nothing definite though. I never know what to charge anybody, especially friends. I did this one for free just to get a laugh out of the guys. But to cut corners, I only used the front body view, no walk cycles, and I used Harry Trigger's apartment.

I thought it was really hard to try to keep it flowing without dialog. I'll probably go back in and fix a few spots sometime down the road. How's the Bubble Gum Orchestra video coming? Is that still in the works.
Adam
Scot Solida

Post by Scot Solida »

drumlug13 wrote: Good ear Scot. They recorded at Sawhorse Studios in St. Louis. An awesome room that's been gettins the attention of some national artists lately. The engineer Jason is super talented and really easy to work with.
(checks out Youtube video of Sawhorse Studios) That's a terrific looking studio. I like the combination of tape and digital and the live rooms look fantastic. I built a small but "proper" non-commercial studio in my basement of my last house... non-parallel, dual floating non-resonant walls, the works. Even a reverb chamber. However, I sold that house and my current home is a rental, so no big constructions projects allowed! Still, I have all the gear and record my own albums here. I used to work with David Nichols at Livinghead Audio Recording in Phoenix, though it has since moved out of the big building and into a house.

Nice to see another musician here!
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

I look forward to the El Monstero video then.

I agree, it is more difficult animating without dialogue. Yes the Bubble Gum Orchestra video is still in the works. If I'm on the computer at home I'm usually working on it. Michael of BGO is very encouraging and seems to like it so far. Lucky there was no hurry for it.
By the way, there's a Welsh band called Symphonika that are very ELO influenced and a young animator created a stop-motion video for one of their songs. I might post it in the 'animation' section come to think of it as people may find it interesting.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Thanks for sharing Drumlug , that was ace.
I shall look forward to more.