5 Episode 'tribes' cartoon

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

lwaxana

Re: 5 Episode 'tribes' cartoon

Post by lwaxana »

This is really inspiring work. I thought the writing and direction were perfect for your audience and your message. Very entertaining and charming and the cliff hanger endings of each episode worked really well. Since you say that the music was added after the animation was complete, I'm curious how it felt without the music. Did the pacing still feel the same and did it feel complete enough to stand without music or did it feel like something was missing?
danwestlake

Post by danwestlake »

I'm brand new to Anime Studio Pro 9, that was truly amazing to watch, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought I would download the rig for the pirate you posted on dropbox but it appears the file is gone. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ou8nh5i16w5wn ... extra.anme It says the file has been moved or deleted. :(
jezjones29

Post by jezjones29 »

danwestlake, you can still get the file here: http://www.animestudiotutor.com/shared_files?id=70
grady1017

Post by grady1017 »

Hey guys! First off I am sorry for the REALLY late replies!! I apparently need to check this forum more frequently than I do! :oops:

On the plus side, I'll be posting the Tribes sequel soon! 'Tribes: Wildfire'
lwaxana wrote:I'm curious how it felt without the music. Did the pacing still feel the same and did it feel complete enough to stand without music or did it feel like something was missing?
Yeah it DEFINITELY felt very incomplete without it...not near as entertaining! But I was always planning on adding it. I just imagined the music in my head as I was timing scenes out.
There were 1 or 2 scenes in the sequel that I added music to in the animatic stage to help with the pacing of shots.
3deeguy wrote:when the superhero discovered which part of the robot he was I really laughed. Very well done.
funksmaname wrote:That screaming spartan REALLY cracked me up.
That makes me feel really good, guys! Ha!
Danimal wrote:How did you get the models from 3DS MAX to look drawn like that?
There is a material you can apply in 3DS MAX called 'ink and paint'. It's a toon shader so it basically did all the work automatically! Blender has a similar shader I believe...I've never really used 3d models within Anime S though...always just done separate compositing.
funksmaname wrote:Dude! I've only watched the first 2 episodes so far - but this is absolutely brilliant! Very well done.
I love the characters/voices (although the viking sort of sounds half irish, half scottish, and no part scandinavian - but *meh*)
Haha! Yeah that's true! He's just a scottish / irish viking! Haha! And also thank you for the complements!

Thanks guys for all the feedback! I'm really excited that you guys enjoyed it! Like I said, I'm posting the sequel soon!
Who? What?...Huh?