New Animated Comedy Series - Thoughts/Opinions Wanted

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Little Yamori

Re: New Animated Comedy Series - Thoughts/Opinions Wanted

Post by Little Yamori »

I'm not sure my advice on animation is worth all that much other than being another opinion via my impression of you're overall work. I was prepared to hate it after reading your original post about the language etc..since stories of that description I find not too amusing, but I have to admit, I laughed a few times and thought the acting was surprisingly good and well timed. I agree with heyvern on most of his points. I wouldn't worry about opinions of the story so much as there are so many different audiences with different tolerance levels for crass humor. The Family Guy cracks me up, makes me sick, then offends me till I turn it off, and then 3 weeks later I'm watching another episode.

So although your work might not be everyone's cup of tea, for what it's worth I think it has potential and I would never think of quitting it. Polish and finish it, then see what the results are.

My only "technical" criticism was when the black haired guy with the scruff went to hit the tv, the scaling larger was a little odd. It just looked like he was getting "bigger" (like taller) rather than "closer"

Good Luck
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

drumlug13 wrote:If you stop calling soccer Football it would be less offensive to us here in the US.
Ha ha. Come on, football -- REAL football -- is an old game. We were playing a version of football when Americans were throwing pointed sticks at buffalo. American football is just gay rugby. Now THAT'S offensive!!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

jahnocli wrote:
drumlug13 wrote:If you stop calling soccer Football it would be less offensive to us here in the US.
Ha ha. Come on, football -- REAL football -- is an old game. We were playing a version of football when Americans were throwing pointed sticks at buffalo. American football is just gay rugby. Now THAT'S offensive!!
Bwahahaha! Now THAT is pretty offensive :lol: You guys can't have it both ways. Either call it soccer or call it football. Pick a name!
Adam
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Football.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
F.M.

Post by F.M. »

Since the ball is handheld most of the game, it should be called Handball.
"and then Man created god!"
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

I have to join this thread because I want to see episode 3. You have talent. I'm no authority on how to tell a story so I'll just listen in and learn.
Cheers, Larry
HangmanSi

Post by HangmanSi »

Thanks for the comments since my last post. Some of them have been really motivational to me. I am due to start work on part 3, the finale, tomorrow and so it should be done within the next week. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have been making some tweaks to the design of the characters and will be interested to hear your thoughts on how they have progressed from the first scene of part 1 to the final scene of part 3.

Post by 94253 »

F.M. wrote:Since the ball is handheld most of the game, [American football] should be called Handball.
Quoted for truth!

Also, yes I'm excited to see the updated character designs in episode 3. :)
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Looking forward to episode 3 as well!

You seem to have a pretty good grasp of using AS, but don't hesitate to ask for guidance on some of the ideas mentioned. Glad to offer techniques.
HangmanSi

Post by HangmanSi »

Ok, I'm having some minor problems on my end that are out of my control but are holding up the production of the show, so I've been working on a couple of other small projects to both keep me busy and test some of the animation changes that were planned for the next video. For the last few days I've been working on a animated re-imagining of a classic British comedy sketch, which should be ready to go by the end of the weekend. I've posted a screen cap below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/904 ... ketch1.png

As a bit of fun, i'd be interested to see if anyone can guess the sketch from the image. (The character looks nothing like the performer from the original sketch)
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

can't say for sure exactly the sketch but I'm guessing monty python. :)
HangmanSi

Post by HangmanSi »

I tip my hat, good sir.
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

HangmanSi wrote:Ok, I'm having some minor problems on my end that are out of my control but are holding up the production of the show
HangmanSi wrote:Forever Delayed Productions
An appropriate production name! Rest assured, we'll be here and we'll watch when the next installment is ready. Yes, as critical as I am I'll watch. :mrgreen:
~Danimal
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

HangmanSi wrote:Ok, I'm having some minor problems on my end that are out of my control but are holding up the production of the show
HangmanSi wrote:Forever Delayed Productions
An appropriate production name! Rest assured, we'll be here and we'll watch when the next installment is ready. Yes, as critical as I am I'll watch. :mrgreen:
~Danimal
HangmanSi

Post by HangmanSi »

Yeah, the name isn't a coincidence. Full time jobs have a habit of getting in the way.