showreel 2013 anime-studio

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Fahim, Distinct Sun, Víctor Paredes, erey, Belgarath, slowtiger

User avatar
ahzra
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:09 am
Location: cairo,egypt
Contact:

Re: showreel 2013 anime-studio

Post by ahzra » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:04 pm

excellent , what a style of animating by anime studio pro>>>>you are genius :D ....astonishing iam waiting to see more :D
User avatar
amiramostafa
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:15 pm
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Contact:

Re: showreel 2013 anime-studio

Post by amiramostafa » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:12 pm

ahzra wrote:excellent , what a style of animating by anime studio pro>>>>you are genius :D ....astonishing iam waiting to see more :D

thanks ahzra for your encouragement :)
User avatar
ahzra
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:09 am
Location: cairo,egypt
Contact:

Re: showreel 2013 anime-studio

Post by ahzra » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:39 pm

amiramostafa wrote:
ahzra wrote:excellent , what a style of animating by anime studio pro>>>>you are genius :D ....astonishing iam waiting to see more :D

thanks ahzra for your encouragement :)
you are welcome , please show us more from this genius animation :)
User avatar
Yosemite Sam
Posts: 456
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:05 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Re: showreel 2013 anime-studio

Post by Yosemite Sam » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:52 pm

Super impressive work!
Jimmy Mills

Some of my Anime Studio work.
My Demo Reel 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90NGuG8R2eo
My Demo Reel 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99WDDTPDD4s
"Buddies" Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd597T0TlNA
User avatar
amiramostafa
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:15 pm
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Contact:

Re: showreel 2013 anime-studio

Post by amiramostafa » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:29 pm

Yosemite Sam wrote:Super impressive work!
Thanks a lot yosemite :)
Danimal
Posts: 1584
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:06 pm
Location: The Danimal Kingdom
Contact:

Re: showreel 2013 anime-studio

Post by Danimal » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:43 pm

This really is top notch stuff. Extraordinary work!
~Danimal
booony
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:33 am

Re: showreel 2013 anime-studio

Post by booony » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:06 am

begad raw3a
User avatar
amiramostafa
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:15 pm
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Contact:

Re: showreel 2013 anime-studio

Post by amiramostafa » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:12 am

Danimal wrote:This really is top notch stuff. Extraordinary work!
Thanks danimal for encouragement :)
User avatar
amiramostafa
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:15 pm
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Contact:

Re: showreel 2013 anime-studio

Post by amiramostafa » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:14 am

booony wrote:begad raw3a
Shokran ya boookny :)
User avatar
slowtiger
Posts: 5497
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:53 pm
Location: Berlin, Germany
Contact:

Re: showreel 2013 anime-studio

Post by slowtiger » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:25 am

This is by far the best example of acting, facial expressions, and dialogue I've seen on this forum. If I'd do a feature film I'd hire you. The old Baba in the beginning is the best.

Could you please give some more information about this? Obviously this is all part of a bigger project. Is it a feature or a series? Who did the designs? Did you do the animation only, or also the rigging? Who are you, where did you study?

This looks like you collected all your contributions to the project in one file. May I give you some advice?
- As a showreel this is far too long. Don't go over 3 minutes.
- Always include information about your role in the production. Some do this as subtitles under each scene ("Design and Animation"). If your role was always the same and all examples are from one project, do some title card like "Animation for <Name of Project> by <Name of studio>"
- If you can't show complete scenes with background, at least use some colour cards. The characters are so delicate that they vanish on the white BG.
- If there's no dialogue use some background audio. Some very relaxed music will do, preferrably in the style of the characters (like Persian lute/santur music).
- Only include your very best work. The Baba is excellent, as well as the parrot and the fat guy later. But the two oxen by the river are awful.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB RAM OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB RAM OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
User avatar
amiramostafa
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:15 pm
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Contact:

Re: showreel 2013 anime-studio

Post by amiramostafa » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:59 am

slowtiger wrote:This is by far the best example of acting, facial expressions, and dialogue I've seen on this forum. If I'd do a feature film I'd hire you. The old Baba in the beginning is the best.

Could you please give some more information about this? Obviously this is all part of a bigger project. Is it a feature or a series? Who did the designs? Did you do the animation only, or also the rigging? Who are you, where did you study?

This looks like you collected all your contributions to the project in one file. May I give you some advice?
- As a showreel this is far too long. Don't go over 3 minutes.
- Always include information about your role in the production. Some do this as subtitles under each scene ("Design and Animation"). If your role was always the same and all examples are from one project, do some title card like "Animation for <Name of Project> by <Name of studio>"
- If you can't show complete scenes with background, at least use some colour cards. The characters are so delicate that they vanish on the white BG.
- If there's no dialogue use some background audio. Some very relaxed music will do, preferrably in the style of the characters (like Persian lute/santur music).
- Only include your very best work. The Baba is excellent, as well as the parrot and the fat guy later. But the two oxen by the river are awful.
thank you so much for you tips ... i'll work on them :)
I only animate i didn't design the characters and all shot digital by anime studio 8
about me i graduated in faculty of fine arts in cairo egypt animation department 2003 , I've worked for along time in traditional animation and from 5 years i started digital animation using anime studio
about the work in the show reel it's episodes in egypt called " QASSES EL NASS " the enchant women stories

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svQA7tseeMo

this is it's link
thank you once more for your help :)
User avatar
slowtiger
Posts: 5497
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:53 pm
Location: Berlin, Germany
Contact:

Re: showreel 2013 anime-studio

Post by slowtiger » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:12 am

Egypt? So all the best to all the people there... I really hope you get sorted it out.

The animation in the finished episode looks not as good as your scenes, IMO. But still the quality is good enough according to international standards.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB RAM OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB RAM OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
User avatar
amiramostafa
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:15 pm
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Contact:

Re: showreel 2013 anime-studio

Post by amiramostafa » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:21 am

slowtiger wrote:Egypt? So all the best to all the people there... I really hope you get sorted it out.

The animation in the finished episode looks not as good as your scenes, IMO. But still the quality is good enough according to international standards.
thank you for your conceration about egypt :)
yes the last scene was made by new animator... the episode is too long for 1 animator to do it all
but I've done most of it

this is another type of work in case if your r interested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBtGOEg0hFM
User avatar
Joofville
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:19 am
Location: South Africa

Re: showreel 2013 anime-studio

Post by Joofville » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:35 pm

Absolutely stunning work, very polished.
Post Reply