my Friedrich Schiller Animation

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

HeiKu

my Friedrich Schiller Animation

Post by HeiKu »

This is the third animation I did in Anime Studio Pro - and after having struggled with all kind of beginners problems it's the first I'm quite happy with.
It shows angry Friedrich Schiller, throwing a book at a nobleman's statue and is made as part of a "German Poets" Animation Series for school television.

I had started the Poets project in Flash, but definitely reached its limits and had to find another program.
That's what - fortunately! - brought me to Anime Studio Pro.

jahnocli

Re: my Friedrich Schiller Animation

Post by jahnocli »

Works really well -- convincing action.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Looks good to me. The windup took a little longer than I expected, but the payoff was worth it.
~Danimal
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

That looks awesome! If you are looking suggestions, I think one more pose at the beginning before he extends his arm back to throw the book would make this even better. Hope to see more of your work!
aleXean

Post by aleXean »

I agree with lwaxana except I think there should be an additional pose at the end when he is finished with the throw. The camera shouldn't pan across and the leg farther away should come up more and shift the weight towards the leg closer to the book.

Nice drawings though!
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

very nice! I really like the drawings and the man's poses are great.

My input would be a slight change in general timings - one pull back, pause, then throw, then hit the statue and have it slowly tilt and then fall off the edge and explode on impact with the floor. At the moment, it seems like the book hits it, then it explodes after the point of impact, not as a direct result of it.
HeiKu

Post by HeiKu »

Thank you all for your nice comments, great tipps and suggestions!

And yes, of course a pose more at the beginning (@Iwaxana) and also at the end (@aleXean) surely would improve the animation.
I only did the panning of the camera because I had to focus on the breaking pieces of the statue which otherwise would fall out of the frame.
I saw no better solution to solve that problem.

When reading your suggestions I thought - oh yes right, there could be done a lot more and I really would like to do it, if I only had the time for it.
But unfortunately I have to go on with the next animations. So for the moment I will have to leave the pose as it is…

But (@funksmaname) the slight change in general timing after the impact of the book is something I will try out.