Google Adwords

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Google Adwords

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Hi, here's a video we finished some weeks ago in Fluorfilms. All the characters are rigged and animated by me using Anime Studio Pro 9.5.
It was specially useful for this project (and some other I can't show yet) the "FKIK manipulate bones" tool script from capricorn33. A fantastic alternative to the AS official bone locking (alternative I would love to see officially implemented some time).

I hope you like it :)
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
funksmaname

Re: Google Adwords

Post by funksmaname »

Fantastic work as always Victor!
Look forward to see your other secret projects ;)
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

Very nice and all around appealing.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Wow. Cool job, and I should know how difficult it is to explain an abstract topic.

There's more than one thing I will absolutely steal when I need it, and I especially laughed at the hands doing this page layout ever so slowly: the joke was delivered through the motion of the hands only, so subtle!

Great job, Selgin.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Very nice work - but that guy needs to put on some pants!

Just kidding, it's really well done. It's the little things that delight me and when the log bounces as the guy walks across it, that made me smile. Great work!
~Danimal
djwaterman

Post by djwaterman »

That's beautiful. It's illustration brought to life. How was the textual quality realized? Did you bring the Anime Studio assets into a compositing program, because you can't get that look straight out of Anime Studio can you (or can you) ?

As a side note, I'm new to this but if I had seen this animation before I was an AS user, I'd have never guessed it was using any form of bone, IK or puppeted rigs, I would have assumed it was all frame by frame drawings.
Yosemite Sam

Post by Yosemite Sam »

Great work, Victor!
Jimmy Mills

Some of my Moho Pro work.
My Demo Reel: https://youtu.be/_kSCno4Wd3c?si=gNT7d27R7sM4jjqq
Buddies Ep 4: https://youtu.be/f8Zbzo2mpHA?si=4EyxhBOrgOxkDoSO
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

It looks fantastic! Nice work :)
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

El Maestro! I agree with Nina Paley of the Champaign Urbana Film Society. :D Your work is always amazing.
Cheers, Larry
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

Yes it is always amazing. I hesitated to respond to this because I couldn't add anything to what has already been said. However, I decided I couldn't let it go by without saying how excellent your work always is. I love that texture overlay too. A nice touch.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Thank you all. It was a very fun project to work in.
slowtiger wrote:Wow. Cool job, and I should know how difficult it is to explain an abstract topic.
In Fluorfilms they are expert to put abstract ideas into images. I participated in the script writing for this video, mostly in the brainstorming and redaction, but it still being hard to me to explain some things in a non-literal way.
djwaterman wrote:That's beautiful. It's illustration brought to life. How was the textual quality realized? Did you bring the Anime Studio assets into a compositing program, because you can't get that look straight out of Anime Studio can you (or can you) ?
I was in charge only of character animation, so all the other credits go to the Fluorfilms team and to the illustrator Pablo Luebert.
All the composition process was made in After Effects, that includes the textures, camera, backgrounds and the overall look. I only work with the characters with no background, then they take that render and compose the scene.
I think you could get a similar look directly from AS, but it would be much harder to do.
djwaterman wrote:As a side note, I'm new to this but if I had seen this animation before I was an AS user, I'd have never guessed it was using any form of bone, IK or puppeted rigs, I would have assumed it was all frame by frame drawings.
In this case, the animation is made at 12fps. I try to make a good animation with the tools I have. AS is the easiest and fastest animation software I know, but I think if people can see the threads (or bones) of your character, it means you are doing it wrongly.
3deeguy wrote:El Maestro! I agree with Nina Paley of the Champaign Urbana Film Society. :D Your work is always amazing.
Hehe. I just repeat, I don't work alone, so please don't think all this video was made only by me. I'm lucky to be surrounded by very talented people.

Thank you all.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
beachbumlarry

Post by beachbumlarry »

Excellent work Victor! I always enjoy viewing your work, it inspires me. :D
Larry Rains
Animator & Illustrator
LarryRains.Com
uddhava

Post by uddhava »

Great job! A pleasure to watch.