Teenz episodes on youtube

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

PeverallVibez

Teenz episodes on youtube

Post by PeverallVibez »

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCleMpBg1aZhaLPFxV7PxVng
can you tell me what you think please?
Danimal

Re: Teenz episodes on youtube

Post by Danimal »

PeverallVibez wrote:can you tell me what you think please?
Hmmm, well you're new to the forum, so I'll try to be as kind as I can...

I watched a total of two minutes across the first two episodes. That's about all I care to ever see again. I could see no compelling reason to watch past the one minute mark on either video. The second even directly references that it's a show and that it's going to ripoff another show.

I'll stop there. There's more, but like I said, I'll be kind.
~Danimal
PeverallVibez

Post by PeverallVibez »

How does it rip of shows and what's wrong explain
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

One guy whose name I neither know nor care says about 75 times how they should do a flashback like on The Family Guy. Always a staple of good writing: take one unfunny joke and turn it into 75 unfunny jokes by repeating it!

And what's wrong? What isn't?!?! I can look past the sloppy character designs because you're just starting and besides, if the story's good, I don't care about character design. But you have no story, nothing interesting happening, not one character who wouldn't be better served in a coffin, and not a single line of dialog that made me care to see even one more second of this show ever. I don't know who these drug-addled morons are and I don't care. There's nothing inherently interesting about imbeciles cursing and getting high.

Stop and think "would anyone want to watch this?" For that matter ask if you would want to watch this. If you come up with any answer other than "not in a billion years," you don't know how to make a show. You should never actually write to an audience, because that always comes across as dry and wooden. You should at least put something in that somebody somewhere might find entertaining though.

Is that good? Do you need more? Bear in mind I could only suffer through two minutes of the show but I can try...
~Danimal
PeverallVibez

Post by PeverallVibez »

Loads of people like it and have you seen episode 6 there upgraded and much better characters
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

PeverallVibez wrote:Loads of people like it and have you seen episode 6 there upgraded and much better characters
Oh, OK, I didn't realize when you asked for feedback that you didn't actually want any.

I don't know if there's a sum of money on Earth that could get me to watch episode 6 or any other episode for that matter.
~Danimal
PeverallVibez

Post by PeverallVibez »

Please man there much different and upgraded just tell me if there any better please
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

OK, let's give him some slack, because obviously he's quite young and an absolute beginner.

I did my first animated movies when I was 15. Movies? Just some odd scenes, no stories, anything which looked interesting to animate. I copied stuff from books and re-created scenes I had seen in other movies. I drew stuff on paper, and I did cut-outs. Sound? Dialogue? We had no fuckin' sound then. It was all on Super 8, and the only audience I had was my sister and some friends.

Nowadays it's so much easier to get an audience. Just finish that video file and send it to youtube, right? Which means when everybody will do it, all the beginners will do it as well. So there will be a lot of crap out there not worth to look at.

Jamal: just continue. Next time you'll do better. There's much to learn, but it can be done. Get some books about basic filmmaking from the library. Read them. Analyse some films by different artists, then watch your own stuff again and see what's missing and what doesn't work. (Hint: a lot.) It helps when you don't aim for a long story, but do something short and interesting. Have a look at http://www.11secondclub.com/ - see what others do, and try to express yourself in just 11 seconds.

I can see how much work you put into this, so you're not afraid of spending time with the program. You'll be able to improve your stuff soon. But you have to train your eye, to get a feeling for what's good and what's not. Watch more films in different styles - get some short film collection from the library, or click yourself through vimeo.com. There is so much variety, and you don't even know it!
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
PeverallVibez

Post by PeverallVibez »

thx slowtiger i really appreciate it, at least one person isent being rude when they know iv just started off, and im 16 and im hoping to continue to get into a apprenticeship at a animation studio
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

PeverallVibez wrote:Please man there much different and upgraded just tell me if there any better please
From the thumbnail, the artwork looks like it might be better. Again, I'm not all that interested in the artwork. Give me a good story and some interesting characters doing something I care to see. I'm at work now and they have YouTube blocked (THE NERVE!) but I will at least try to watch episode 6 just to make up for shelling it out a bit on the rough side for the first two.

I can see now why you are asking for collaborators and that's almost certainly a good idea, though probably very difficult. If your goal is to become an animator, focus on the art and get someone else to write a good script. Or perhaps try something smaller scale like a simple visual or music video where the audio content is already done and you just put images over top of it. Do a few to experiment and get your own personal style.
~Danimal
PeverallVibez

Post by PeverallVibez »

Yeah thx, im really trying and i have 2 other people who are doing the voices in Teenz. And im trying to find somone that will do the script but no one has replyed back :(
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

I stayed true to my word and watched about 2 minutes of episode 6. Definite character design upgrades, not much else. I could still not for the life of me understand what the story was or why I should watch this. I held on past the scene where the teacher (worst voice ever) swore at his class, in much the same way that no teacher on Earth would ever do for any reason, but the next one just had some kid starting every sentence with "fooooooo" and then cursing a lot. If the intention was to make the character immediately unlikable, you succeeded. The trouble is, you're supposed to like the characters otherwise there's no reason to watch. The scene mercifully ended but I never made it past the guy throwing the Coke bottle out the window in the next one.

What is the premise of the show? What are the characters doing? I hate to see someone obviously trying so hard and getting absolutely nowhere but I don't even know how to help since I can't in any way figure out what the show even is to help you.
~Danimal
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

PeverallVibez wrote:And im trying to find somone that will do the script but no one has replyed back
See, this is the problem with multiple posts about the same subject. I gave you some feedback about scripts in one of the other threads in this forum, but you have posted the same thing in so many different places you can't even keep up with it yourself! GET ORGANISED! No-one is going to work WITH (much less FOR you) if you are all over the place (literally and figuratively).

Oh, and if you can't spell (you can't) get a spell-checker or get someone who CAN spell to check over your stuff. It adds an extra level of amateurism that you don't need, believe me...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

I'm with Slowtiger on this one, everyone starts somewhere. And yes, while this didn't really resonate with me...at all...with this program, there's always room for improvement. Check out Selgin's tutorials, they're EXTREMELY helpful and really give you an insight on how to manipulate the program to your advantage. Also, grab yourself a copy of "The Animators Survival Kit" by Richard Williams. And study other cartoons, like Disney, bugs bunny stuff, or hell, check out other videos on flash by people like Egoraptor or Oney (Yes i know they use flash) Try to understand pacing and figure out how to usher along people's interest...ok, there's my two cents.
PeverallVibez

Post by PeverallVibez »

thx and i have flash but i dont like using it