I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus (Cartoon Skit)

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

justoshow

I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus (Cartoon Skit)

Post by justoshow »

Okay, I would like to say Happy Holidays to everyone viewing this. I know it needs work storyline wise but I'm not a writer. I had a vision, I created it, I like it! That's all that matters to me. There was some background music (I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus by The Jackson 5) but I had to take it down due to copyright issues on YouTube so that EVERYONE could view it. LESSON LEARNED: I will create my own music from now on! I hope you enjoy.

PLEASE NO BASHING!!!

lawnmower70

Re: I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus (Cartoon Skit)

Post by lawnmower70 »

I liked it. Thanks for sharing!
Livestreaming games and Anime Studio usually every night starting around 9 eastern time.
www.twitch.tv/stugots70
justoshow

Post by justoshow »

lawnmower70 wrote:I liked it. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks! I'm glad you like it.
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

Got a big kick out of it, and a nice laugh.

Thanks!
Pinesal

Post by Pinesal »

It was a good idea for a story. I like it. Pacing was a bit slow, but it was better than your last cartoon.
justoshow

Post by justoshow »

Pinesal wrote:It was a good idea for a story. I like it. Pacing was a bit slow, but it was better than your last cartoon.
I somewhat agree with you on the pacing. The background music I had made it better. Thanks!
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

I've always wanted to see someone do an "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" bit where the father walks in and kills them both, but maybe that's the dark side of me and neither here nor there.

Kinda went on a little too long again. There was a part when the son first discovers the father and they talk back and forth, the father just repeating everything the son said but in a question. "Understand - understand?" and so on. Not only was it unnecessary, but it's one of the worst clichés in writing.

It was a funny idea, it just dragged out to the point of making it not funny. Again though, your animation style and technique are quite good, and I was especially taken by the light shining in the bedroom when the younger kid opens the door. A very subtle touch but really added depth.
~Danimal
justoshow

Post by justoshow »

Danimal wrote:I've always wanted to see someone do an "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" bit where the first irst. ather walks in and kills them both, but maybe that's the dark side of me and neither here nor there.

Kinda went on a little too long again. There was a part when the son first discovers the father and they talk back and forth, the father just repeating everything the son said but in a question. "Understand - understand?" and so on. Not only was it unnecessary, but it's one of the worst clichés in writing.

It was a funny idea, it just dragged out to the point of making it not funny. Again though, your animation style and technique are quite good, and I was especially taken by the light shining in the bedroom when the younger kid opens the door. A very subtle touch but really added depth.
I didn't really focus on the writing on this one! I'm not a writer, it was improvised and I just went with what I thought was funny. Not trying to be professional with it because this is just a Hobby I enjoy. However I do appreciate your feedback. I'm just focusing on the animation aspect of it and building from there. I am in the process of looking for good writers for free who just want to be apart of my team. As far as the clichés, it's something that often happens with kids and their parents in the black families.
Last edited by justoshow on Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

justoshow wrote:I am in the process of looking for good writers for free who just want to be apart ofmy tteam.
Do you have an overall idea for a show or anything? You mention a team, what's the project?

I noticed again this time through that each character was based on the same "template," so to speak. That's a clever idea.
~Danimal
justoshow

Post by justoshow »

Danimal wrote:
justoshow wrote:I am in the process of looking for good writers for free who just want to be apart ofmy tteam.
Do you have an overall idea for a show or anything? You mention a team, what's the project?

I noticed again this time through that each character was based on the same "template," so to speak. That's a clever idea.
I don't really have any major projects yet because I am still networking and learning as much as I can. So far I am in the process of ccollaborating with an animator from this site doing little things like drawing props. I have an idea of where I would like to go with my animations. It'll be like a soap cartoon per say. Right now I'm just trying to test the waters, get my feet wet and make a name for my self with other artist. With the characters i like to just modify them so I won't have to keep starting over and I can add and change their clothes for each show. It also helps with character collection, well at least for me.