Pitching to Nickelodeon and The cartoon network

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

3deeguy

Re: Pitching to Nickelodeon and The cartoon network

Post by 3deeguy »

heyvern wrote:
p.s. Yes, I am a "jealousy jerk". I am jealous of his talent and envious of his success. I wish I had even a fraction of his story telling ability. I always attack talented people on this forum because it makes me feel better about myself. It's something I need to change. ;)
The underlying issue is right there in front of us. :wink: I'm a "jealousy jerk" too.
Now that I think about it I watched the webinar that heyvern did for SmithMicro several times! Even SmithMicro needs to see the light!
Cheers, Larry
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

Scabbie babies is gods f*cking gift to this thread. It is the pinnicle of anime studio progress. Why, god willing, I can say that I WAS THERE when scabbie babies was launched for public consumption. As a result, I suspect that I will achieve immortality and successfully write my place amongst the stars as an eternal resident of the space time continuum. A messiah was born, and his name is scabbie babie! Scabbie babie, this is your chance to spread your message. I am your apostle, your church builder, I am your vessel, your right hand and bane to all your adversaries! Hallouja!!!! Hallouja!!!!!
ianmage1

Post by ianmage1 »

sargumphigaus wrote:Scabbie babies is gods f*cking gift to this thread. It is the pinnicle of anime studio progress. Why, god willing, I can say that I WAS THERE when scabbie babies was launched for public consumption. As a result, I suspect that I will achieve immortality and successfully write my place amongst the stars as an eternal resident of the space time continuum. A messiah was born, and his name is scabbie babie! Scabbie babie, this is your chance to spread your message. I am your apostle, your church builder, I am your vessel, your right hand and bane to all your adversaries! Hallouja!!!! Hallouja!!!!!
I agree; Scabbiebabie is a master of the animation arts--a true inspiration for all aspiring animators and writers out there.
I could see the trailer right now...

"From the creative mind that brought you The Chronicles of Heather and Her Monster, comes the animated motion picture event of a lifetime...

A heartwarming story... about four parasites that reside in the scab of a man's elbow... who learn that, sometimes, our biggest weaknesses are not simply in how we appear on the outside, but also in how we are on the inside...

Join Sally, Rassco, Styles, and Beans... as they go on an adventure, against all odds, to discover the magic of friendship...

Featuring the voice talent of Abner Cologne and oscar-winning writer, '3 female writer with children',
comes a film that RollingStone raves "...a masterpieceofshit."

SCABBIE BABIES
Coming soon to all major networks."
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ianmage1
Majoring in computer science doesn't leave much time for animation...
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

ianmage1 wrote: oscar-winning writer, '3 female writer with children'
This is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time. Thank you for that! :lol: :lol:
~Danimal
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

His methods and approach to animation seemed unorthodox and when it was first mentioned, the critics and masters raised eyebrows in shear skepticism. They told him that it couldn't be done. The human race hasn't evolved to such a level, in terms of both technicality and spirituality. But Scabbie Babies wouldn't be hindered by these nay saying odds. No. He rose to the challenge and proved that this evolutionary hiatus of linkage was none other than he himself. Indeed upon my third out of eight billionth time watching this masterpiece, I looked at my children and realized that they weren't nearly as glorious as scabbie babies, and as a result, I stopped loving them. I only love one thing now. and it is Scabbie Babies. My children have since gone missing, but I don't care. For me, there is only Scabbie Babies.
Scabiebabie

Post by Scabiebabie »

/
Last edited by Scabiebabie on Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Scabiebabie

Post by Scabiebabie »

/
Last edited by Scabiebabie on Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

Scabiebabie wrote:Now just to show you that i am not a freak, phony or troll but a real businessman a real force be reckoned with I want to let you all know that I also have my own line and brand of perfume ( I am not selling it here so please don't think that I am networking) it is called none other then "Abner Cologne's perfumes" and I have created several commercials (With the use of anime studio pro) that I created and my spokes person "Alegra Ashton"has appeared on a few TV show in interviews. here is a link of such things

Now...as a real business man AND a force to be reckoned with, should your perfume products be criticized, would you reshoot your commercials into spamming messages like "YOU GUYS ARE DICKS, STOP BEING MEAN TO ME WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH!?"
Scabiebabie

Post by Scabiebabie »

/
Last edited by Scabiebabie on Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lumpy

Post by Lumpy »

sargumphigaus wrote:Now...as a real business man AND a force to be reckoned with, should your perfume products be criticized, would you reshoot your commercials into spamming messages like "YOU GUYS ARE DICKS, STOP BEING MEAN TO ME WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH!?"
I knew there was a reason I kept coming back to this thread.
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

You want to know WERE my intelligible words of critique are? Okay, lets start with that:

Your commercial? Sure it was decent. You may want to take that girl with the animals and reshoot her with better lighting and a higher quality camera. The low-fi quality and pixelation factor is clashing with the Chrystal clear bunnies. You may want to consider using using a stronger camera.

As for your interview. Not impressed. Not at all. Why? Because I Don't care at all. What does it have to do with animation? What does it have to do with story telling? Nothing. You tell me that you're a formidable business man? Good, go attend a meeting over it. Go make some sales then. This tells me nothing important.

As for Scab babies, I already gave you my words of critique. I actually held it in high regard for what it was.

No, I'm giving you the ole run around for your ridiculously delusional attitude.

That lashingly aggressive comment you made to everyone, what was it? Oh yeah, "You people need to grow up and get a life. I am never commenting in this hate filled forum again" That is what you said to everyone on this thread in the face of honest critique. Aggressive, accusing, and frankly quite insulting.

You have absolutely no place to accuse anyone on here of acting infantile, buddy. Regardless of how professional you want to be, what's done is done. Perhaps in your "act like a formidable business man" training, they taught you something about first impressions. You made yours. You spammed aggression in a juvenile way, and made a total ass out of yourself. And then you tried to hide your tracks by changing your comments back. You don't even own up to the things you say.

Therefore why should I or anyone take you serious?
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

oh and for the record, i'm reading all future arguments that you make in the voice of Gilbert Godfrey. I recommend everyone else to do the same.
ddrake

Post by ddrake »

Well, for what it's worth, this thread has certainly been entertaining.
Not "great" entertainment, mind you... but entertainment nonetheless.

To "Scabie Babies," "Abner," "Colon Cologne," or the recently coined "Scab Babies":

You "seem" to be "trying" to do what everyone else here is doing, working on your craft and asking for input. Yet, I don't know why you would feel that negative comments toward your animation work reflect you as a person, given that you have a wide range of connections and are quite successful in the "businessman" industry. I, for one, think you should keep doing that, and try to stay light-hearted about the comments you receive. We here can only offer opinions on the viewable content you provide.

Bear in mind that your descriptions and responses are also "viewable content," and often can alter the way your project is received. (As I'm sure you know.)

I will say, that while I don't feel that "spelling" and "grammar" and "punctuation" are absolutely necessary to tell a story, or even to tell a story well... without them, the PICTURES really need to do the work. The forum is simply trying to say, "your pictures/story need work." That's all. No big deal. Just keep at it.

My only last minute snarky side bar is: If you are going to defend any of your concepts or visual work, you are absolutely and necessarily going to need to construct better sentences from whichever language best conveys your message. It's close, but it's not quite there yet. That's all. No big deal. Just keep at it.
-ddrake
Scabiebabie

Post by Scabiebabie »

/
Last edited by Scabiebabie on Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

sargumphigaus wrote:would you reshoot your commercials into spamming messages
It kind of seems they already are. Only one contained any actual animation. The compositing was very poor and obvious. The rest were nothing but a shameless plug for a product. That is always considered spam in any format.
Scabiebabie wrote:sargumphigaus posted his dread awful animation that you can see here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7usUOsJ-sp0
This too is drifting into forum rules violations as it's an unrelated personal attack.

I've said this before on here but it bears repeating: if a video turns away viewers after only one minute, that's a far more valuable critique than someone who watches all the way through just to be nice. Those are the ones you should be exploring. WHY didn't they want to watch all the way through? What turned them off?

There's a sort of feeling of entitlement that we are all expected to watch videos and we're not. There's also a feeling of "well if you didn't watch the whole thing your opinion doesn't matter" which is the reverse of how a creator should think. If a viewer immediately hates something... why? Could be the viewer, could be something that genuinely needs addressing. Until a creator is willing to accept that and explore the reasons, they will never be taken seriously.
~Danimal