A animation parody i did

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

PeverallVibez

A animation parody i did

Post by PeverallVibez »

can you lot check it out and tell me what you think.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUmmBbMFMr0
hope you like it
jahnocli

Re: A animation parody i did

Post by jahnocli »

Well, you DID try to warn potential viewers about the content!

I thought, "I will watch this to the end before I comment", but I couldn't. It was just too sad and depressing. Having cuddly puppets swear and cuss is not a new thing by any means, but a bit of plot wouldn't have gone amiss, some reasonable drawings of the characters in question (there's plenty of reference material), some even slightly adventurous animation, attention to composition and staging...

Just about everything that could be wrong *is* wrong. Sorry to rain on your parade. Some constructive suggestions? Study some classic animations; see how silhouette-style poses "sell" the idea before a character even opens his mouth. Look at composition, staging and timing -- your scenes are static and uninteresting. Think about close-ups and two-shots in a conversation, introduce some texture into the backgrounds...and so on...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

I didn't like it to be honest. I suppose if you find cute puppets swearing funny then it would appeal. I doubt that would apply to anyone over 12 years of age though. Your proud boast on Facebook of obtaining cracked copies of Anime Studio 9 for your helpers to use didn't sit well with me either.
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

uh...don't know what to make of this...I really hope it's your first.
AmigaMan wrote:Your proud boast on Facebook of obtaining cracked copies of Anime Studio 9 for your helpers to use didn't sit well with me either.
Dude, go ask your mom to buy you a legit copy.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I don't know why or where the idea of gutter trash hard core swearing that would offend even the hardest street person came from, but it's starting to become some kind of virus. More and more samples of work pop up here with this over the top no reason for it's use hard core cursing.

There are some quality animations and programming that uses harsh language, however it isn't used this way at all. The content and performances, the writing, the stories are strong. They would work without that language. The language is used in a limited way, yes to "shock" but not in a torrent to drive people to "change the channel".

I too couldn't watch more than a short amount of this. On top of the language used, it's parodying beloved characters in children's programming. To "get away" with this, you have to come up with more than just having those characters do completely outrageous things without a reason, or some connection to the concept.

I have no clue what's prompting this type of thing, but seriously, you could get so much further if you START OUT with something more approachable by a wider audience, then only catering to a very very small, juvenile demographic that thinks this type of hard core cursing is "cool" or "funny".

I am not a PRUDE. I curse I swear. I watch programs and animations with rough edges, dark, hard language and themes. I don't shy away from it, I don't get all upset or complain. However, the use of the language and actions in a lot of these projects is pointless and does not improve it or increase it's relevance.

From now on if I see one more animation like this that starts out with m-f'er or worse I am not even going to give it a second of time nor comment on any of the actual important aspects like animation technique or how to improve the style. There's no point.
SvenReyter

Post by SvenReyter »

PeverallVibes, this board is fairly conservative. It's a great resource for software tips and techniques. But, I really don't think you will find an audience for your video here.
HanglideProductions

Post by HanglideProductions »

whats wrong- boring, mouth sync was bad, mouth drawings were bad, the random arm flails were slow and awkward, character design could have been better, no real plot or story line just random cussing, yada yada herp derp put more effort into your work i couldn't finish it i was that bored sorry to be harsh about it, and i donno if its true or not if you got a cracked version but that is weak get anime studio 8 if you can't afford 9 its like 32 bucks on amazon
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

Just to be clear, he did say he had bought Anime Studio himself but had obtained a cracked copy for someone helping him.
A pretty stupid thing to brag about when people like me are going to view the post :D
As far as the animation goes, it does show potential and it's a shame he can't come up with a script and story that people can actually watch.
Joofville

Post by Joofville »

:shock:
Last edited by Joofville on Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

SvenReyter wrote:PeverallVibes, this board is fairly conservative. It's a great resource for software tips and techniques. But, I really don't think you will find an audience for your video here.
I don't think it's the board's fault...
~Danimal
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

Bragging online about illegal copies of the software? Not too smart!
Cheers, Larry
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

I think SvenReyter is right that the forum here is not your target audience for this animation. So I hope you are not discouraged by the reaction your animation gets here. I think you mentioned in another thread that you're a teenager, and it looks like your animation is geared toward your friends and other teenagers. Honestly, I think a lot of teenagers would get a kick out of this. I liked oscar's rap and the stoner cookie monster concept although, I'm not your target audience, either. Still, making videos like this is totally constructive; you're working on stuff you (and probably your friends) like, you are expressing yourself, and you are developing your skills. You are totally on the right track.

The only downside is that constructive critiques are harder to come by for controversial/off-putting animation. If you want to get ideas to improve on things like storyboarding, character design, and joke delivery, I think you can get much better feedback with a story that doesn't turn people off. So it's kind of a trade off. Sometimes you make something just how you want it for your own artistic freedom, sometimes you make something with broader appeal as a learning exercise. I think a part of me just died typing that. :( Because honestly, this isn't a compromise that every artist has to make. I don't know what else to say, except, keep at it!

ETA: Forgot to mention that I noticed a big improvement in the sound quality on this compared to Teenz.
PeverallVibez

Post by PeverallVibez »

thx everyone for telling me what you want to hear, and how i should improve it, and lwaxana yeah i use my mic now instead of my web cam, glade you noticed it
SvenReyter

Post by SvenReyter »

Danimal, I didn't mean any disrespect to the board. I like this forum. But, I've noticed a good bit of feedback and critique posts focus way too much on the choice of language. This just isn't the place to post videos like this.

PeverallVibes, I think using a quality microphone would help your overall quality. The sound quality is more important for me than the video quality. Especially, if your going to drop a little N.W.A. in the middle of your cartoon. You may want to look into a program to edit your sound samples with. I really enjoy sony vegas when I'm editing voice takes. You could also use the EQ and some compression to soften the voice overs for a more natural sound.
PeverallVibez

Post by PeverallVibez »

Right guys, i use Final draft 8 to write the scripts, then i use audacity to record my lines with my mic, then i use anime studio to do the animations, then after that i use sony vegas pro 12 to edit