God Ninja (The Government Force) - Comedy

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DonnyCage

God Ninja (The Government Force) - Comedy

Post by DonnyCage »

Just finished my next mini-sode. "The Government Force"...

It can be tough for a President to address the nation when a deity uses the press conference as a personal training dojo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EApse3tBYn0

In case you missed the prologue, here is the first one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvDWHriTw4k
mtbuck24

Re: God Ninja (The Government Force) - Comedy

Post by mtbuck24 »

Haha that is some funny stuff!
I teach moho and animation on youtube - https://www.youtube.com/@mccoy_buck
DonnyCage

Post by DonnyCage »

mtbuck24 wrote:Haha that is some funny stuff!
Thanks!It should be much more entertaining when we start introducing characters to the team.
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

I was kind of skeptical about this after the first one, but I am glad I gave this a shot because it is VERY well done and funny. There were lots of moments that made me chuckle, but probably the cuts to an actual press conference audience made me laugh the most because they were so unexpected.

The characters look more polished this time around. You can still see the breaks in their arms but it doesn't even matter because the story makes you forget that stuff. Looking forward to more!
~Danimal
DonnyCage

Post by DonnyCage »

Danimal wrote:I was kind of skeptical about this after the first one, but I am glad I gave this a shot because it is VERY well done and funny. There were lots of moments that made me chuckle, but probably the cuts to an actual press conference audience made me laugh the most because they were so unexpected.

The characters look more polished this time around. You can still see the breaks in their arms but it doesn't even matter because the story makes you forget that stuff. Looking forward to more!
Thanks for the feedback! And yeah, I do need to do a little more polishing for the next one. Obama's neck, Jesus' arm showing through the sleeve, etc...
drichird

Post by drichird »

I thought both episodes were funny and both made me laugh. The thing about humor, in my opinion, a critical part of it is timing, which I think you've nailed down perfectly. For example the interactions when the large busted female keeps popping in. Also you are quite good at capturing essential visual aspects of a character (the way Obama tends to look to the side with meaningful pauses) with a few simple keyframes. In fact, since animation is so labor intensive, I think the success of any animator depends a good deal on just showing the important necessary visuals and not spending too much time on endless detail, which you do quite skillfully. Good job and look forward to more episodes!
DonnyCage

Post by DonnyCage »

drichird wrote:I thought both episodes were funny and both made me laugh. The thing about humor, in my opinion, a critical part of it is timing, which I think you've nailed down perfectly. For example the interactions when the large busted female keeps popping in. Also you are quite good at capturing essential visual aspects of a character (the way Obama tends to look to the side with meaningful pauses) with a few simple keyframes. In fact, since animation is so labor intensive, I think the success of any animator depends a good deal on just showing the important necessary visuals and not spending too much time on endless detail, which you do quite skillfully. Good job and look forward to more episodes!
Thank you very much! I'm still learning (I guess we all are)... Trying to make each project better and better. I agree. Timing is critical. For me, that's one of the most important things. I just wish I was a little more OCD about certain details with the animation that I'm slacking on. On each project though, I see what I did wrong, and try to correct it for the next one.

I appreciate the feedback!
Pinesal

Post by Pinesal »

It was good. I am not a fan of the art style but the animation itself, especially Jesus, was good and the voice acting was great.