2d animation showreel

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

velu

2d animation showreel

Post by velu »

Please give your valuable suggestions for this animation.
I love Moho
Little Yamori

Re: 2d animation showreel

Post by Little Yamori »

Great style, nice colors. The music was upbeat and matched well. very fluid. The only thing that I wasn't crazy about (and I only say this because it's obvious you have the talent to do it better in my opinion) was the swarm of bees. They looked to be like a built-in particle splash, if it wasn't for the bee sound effect, it could have looked like the bike splashed in some muddy water. but everything else I thought looked great, nice smooth rigs and dynamic movement
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

it's very exceptional. The colors, the music, it's all very upbeat. I like it. I gotta point out though that when the bees were chasing the boy on the bike, he looks back at them, then looks forward, there was no expression on his face. If you were going for a sense of turmoil or urgency to get away from them, you could further express it by showing reaction in his face upon looking at them. Otherwise I'll just assume he looked back at the swarm, thought nothing of it and just kept on riding.
ddrake

Post by ddrake »

Beautiful background work. You have a really good sense of shot composition. Aside from the previously mentioned bee swarm, (your single bee is well done, by the way) the only other things I would mention are that it feels to me that the car takes a little too long to crest the foreground hill based on its relative size when it disappears. Its not off by much in my opinion, or maybe it's just a pacing thing for me, but not a big deal.

I like the character movement, but in places it feels a tad stiff and jerky. I think in part it's because you've got a fair amount of movement going on with the body when he's biking, shoulders, arms, legs, but the bicycle remains relatively static other than the wheels and a little up and down movement. The hands and handlebars appear fixed, there's no tilt or side to side motion which could help blend out some of the other action. At about 21 second mark something strange happens after he looks forward again, the bike jerks back into place and it looks like a 3rd hand appears for a frame.

(Also at first I thought his hands were muddy, or bloody or something, but on closer inspection it's just super long fingers with creases that seem to extend up the wrist and partway up the arm. That looks a little strange to me.)

But overall this has a very nice look to it. Again, beautiful background art, a little tweaking to get the character animation up to that level, but definitely well on your way, and looks like you have the art skills to pull it off. Nice job. :)
-ddrake
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

It looks really good, the only thing that didn't make it for me (aside from the bees which have been mentioned already) were the sound effects. They seemed to strident or something, too loud. They didn't fit. But really aside from that it's excellent!
~Danimal
velu

Post by velu »

Thank you so much Little Yamori, patricia3d, sargumphigaus, ddrake, and Danimal.

I hope your guidance make me best.

I am trying to give best result in future as you are expecting.

Thanks again to all.
I love Moho