I'm A Fungi("fun-guy"): Decomposition

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ianmage1

I'm A Fungi("fun-guy"): Decomposition

Post by ianmage1 »

I needed to experiment with ASP10, so I re-rigged one of my [really, really, really] old characters and made this short animation. It makes use of the "bounce" keyframe interpolation, while also using the new vector shape particle source feature.

It's nothing serious; I just made it for fun.
Last edited by ianmage1 on Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ianmage1
Majoring in computer science doesn't leave much time for animation...
Pinesal

Re: I'm A Fungi: Decomposition

Post by Pinesal »

That was cool. I am still on 9.2 can you explain where these new features are used in your animation? IE bouncy interpolation and new vector shape?
ianmage1

Post by ianmage1 »

Thanks. The "bounce" interpolation was used when the bird fell to the ground and, also, when the Fungi jumped forward onto the ground. The vector shape particle source feature was used both on the clouds and on the "poofs" that appeared when the bird and Fungi came in contact with the ground after jumping/falling.
Pinesal

Post by Pinesal »

Hey, I just went through your youtube channel and WOW, you are great! Love the Luigi and the Frozen one. Your Frozen video has over 1 million views! Jealous!

Do you made any tutorial videos?
ianmage1

Post by ianmage1 »

Pinesal wrote:Hey, I just went through your youtube channel and WOW, you are great! Love the Luigi and the Frozen one. Your Frozen video has over 1 million views! Jealous!

Do you made any tutorial videos?
I haven't made any, yet. Would you like me to? :lol: Maybe when I have the time.
Pinesal

Post by Pinesal »

I'd like to see how you made the Luigi character.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

It gives me an itch each time I read the title. One of them is a "fungus", plural "fungi".

That mushroom runs really nice.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
Pinesal

Post by Pinesal »

slowtiger wrote:It gives me an itch each time I read the title. One of them is a "fungus", plural "fungi".

Perhaps "Fungi" is being used as a proper noun.
ianmage1

Post by ianmage1 »

slowtiger wrote:It gives me an itch each time I read the title. One of them is a "fungus", plural "fungi".

Fungi is supposed to be a pun for "fun guy."
luckynth

Post by luckynth »

Nice work. I have a question about the fun guy ... did you use a 3D model for him?
ianmage1

Post by ianmage1 »

luckynth wrote:Nice work. I have a question about the fun guy ... did you use a 3D model for him?
Nope. I only used smart bones for his body turn.
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

He's the green 1-Up mushroom, he's supposed to bring the bird back to life. Ah well, it looked good anyway.
~Danimal
luckynth

Post by luckynth »

ianmage1 wrote:
luckynth wrote:Nice work. I have a question about the fun guy ... did you use a 3D model for him?
Nope. I only used smart bones for his body turn.
Bravo!
ddrake

Post by ddrake »

Pinesal wrote:Hey, I just went through your youtube channel and WOW, you are great! Love the Luigi and the Frozen one. Your Frozen video has over 1 million views! Jealous!
Wow, didn't realize the frozen vid had gotten up to over 1 mil. Hadn't watched it since before the movie came out, and just went back and checked it out again. (Still very nice work!) And then I read some of the comment feed... MAN, the Crazies sure come out on youtube, don't they? :shock: (Of course it's hard to avoid that with a sample of over a million.)

I find the "not as good as Disney" comments hilarious and sad. How blissfully ignorant and unaware many members of the general public can be about things and still feel so comfortable shooting their mouths off.

Yeah people, it's a groundbreaking observation that 1 person with their home computer isn't going to crank out the same work as a multi-billion $ company with an 90 year old animation studio of over 800 employees and top of the line equipment. And I think you said you're in or just out of high-school?

I think if we're going to compare things and have you go toe to toe with Disney, their resources, and experience, maybe we should be asking why Disney isn't putting out better stuff than they are. :D Ha.

Anyway, sorry for the off topic. I actually thought Frozen was pretty great, but thoroughly impressed by your work and potential as well. Keep up the good work, and don't let the nut-jobs slow you down.
-ddrake
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

Nice work as always,

Just a quick question on the Frozen animation, how did you get permission to use the actual Disney soundtrack? I've thought about doing animation using copyrighted stuff as spoof etc in order to get more views, but didn't think Youtube would let something like the soundtrack slide without some sort of proof of of a pass.