NEW Episode of my revamped series

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Max Dollarz

NEW Episode of my revamped series

Post by Max Dollarz »

Hey everyone. I posted a video on here a few years ago and decided to give my series another go. I did everything by my self except some voice overs and background music. Let me know what you all think. Thanks

lwaxana

Re: NEW Episode of my revamped series

Post by lwaxana »

I love it! Great story, I laughed several times. The characters were appealing. The music, voice acting, and pacing were good. Is youtube the main place you are going to show this? If so, I'd go with shorter episodes (2-3 minutes) with a hook/interesting unresolved situation at the end of each one. I think it's hard for people to watch something that long on youtube unless it's like a tutorial or something they need. Even though I really enjoyed the episode, I kept wondering how could I keep watching for 10 minutes. Looking forward to seeing more and finding out what happens next! :D
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

This definitely could use some shortening. Even if you broke this into two parts so each is easier to take in one sitting it would be a great improvement and help your chances of it catching on.

The characters are well designed and the animation is well done. The story is one that anyone can relate to and the characters are introduced in a way that we know who they are right off the bat. Great job setting up the story.

The music is a bit much. There doesn't need to be constant background music and in many cases it's overpowering the dialog. The sound effects were very "cartoony" at times, which was a definite plus.

Looking forward to more!
~Danimal
Max Dollarz

Post by Max Dollarz »

Thank you all for responding with honest opinions. It really means a lot. I will definitely try to improve in those areas!
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

Really liked the upbeat positive vibe of the story and characters. Keep it up.

As for critiques, I think what's already been noted covers most of it. Since you really seem to have a handle on the software, one thing that stood out that I would work on was having the characters movements more sharp and less "floaty" you seem to have it about right in some scenes more than others. Must have been a lot of work. Great work on the audio (for me right now, that's a killer) so kudos to you.

LY
ekrunk

Post by ekrunk »

Nice! This is really great. I've struggled with the same issue with length. If it's specifically for youtube, it seems like the most effective videos are 3 to 4 minutes. But at least you have something that can be a more substantial pilot, and you really did carry it for the entire 10 minutes? Great audio for sure!

That theme song is going to be stuck in my head all week!

zach

https://www.youtube.com/zdorn
exile

Post by exile »

The story really caught me from the bus ride on. Everybody remembers being new in a school and being threatened by bullies. Intelligent use of the software so you didn't overload the song parts with too many images. The kids are authentic and win over the viewer.
Steve

http://www.youtube.com/user/toonlyrics
Music Website: http://www.singadream.com