Montage

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ddrake

Montage

Post by ddrake »

They wanted me to put together a "work in progress" - "behind the scenes" kind of thing for the project so far. So, I thought I would share. Plenty of things you may have already seen, but now set to funky repetitive music.

Good news though, less than 2 months until official release, so you can finally see some kind of finished product from me. Thanks for everyone's help and feedback along the way. :D
-ddrake
Danimal

Re: Montage

Post by Danimal »

Looking forward to more - and yes I got your PM and continually forget to check it at home where I can access dropbox (it's blocked at work).
~Danimal
ddrake

Post by ddrake »

That's ok, still nothing terribly content driven. Starting to get some pieces edited together though.
-ddrake
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

well holy shit. aint that just swell. The personality of the characters faces and their emotions are solidified and we didn't even have to rely on voice acting. What does that say? It says that you've got your craft down. keep it up.
ddrake

Post by ddrake »

Haha, sargumphigaus, You're in a bit of a squirrely mood today it seems. :) But thank you nonetheless. And a note on the voice acting, hopefully that doesn't kill it, as I'm doing the two character voices myself. Eeep! That'll be something for some feedback another time, (hopefully enough time to change things if it's awful :oops: )
-ddrake
pihms

Post by pihms »

Nice work. I'm looking forward to see more as it progresses.
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

ddrake......you rock

hat's off

LY
lawnmower70

Post by lawnmower70 »

Excellent work!
Livestreaming games and Anime Studio usually every night starting around 9 eastern time.
www.twitch.tv/stugots70
Waan

Post by Waan »

Impressive :D Love seeing all these beautiful animations created by the community!
Yosemite Sam

Post by Yosemite Sam »

Ddrake, this is really awesome stuff. Was AS used for the creation of the 3D BGs?
Jimmy Mills

Some of my Moho Pro work.
My Demo Reel: https://youtu.be/_kSCno4Wd3c?si=gNT7d27R7sM4jjqq
Buddies Ep 4: https://youtu.be/f8Zbzo2mpHA?si=4EyxhBOrgOxkDoSO
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

ddrake wrote:Haha, sargumphigaus, You're in a bit of a squirrely mood today it seems. :) But thank you nonetheless. And a note on the voice acting, hopefully that doesn't kill it, as I'm doing the two character voices myself. Eeep! That'll be something for some feedback another time, (hopefully enough time to change things if it's awful :oops: )
In my experience, voice acting can make or break a project. I have to rely on other people every time I make something story oriented as i totally suck at acting and have a dopey voice. Otherwise I find myself screaming nonsense into my microphone. The only thing that I ever really went all out by myself with was Doom Conditioner and Narwhal. I avoid my own voice if when I can.
ekrunk

Post by ekrunk »

This is amazing! I am pretty new to Anime Studio, but I am so inspired by your work. Such wonderful direction, the movement of the camera from the webcam, across the back of the keyboard, into the bedroom is fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing.
ddrake

Post by ddrake »

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement everyone :)

@Yosemite Sam -
Yeah, all of the 3D work was in anime studio. In fact everything single thing you see in this clip was created in AS except for the scanned image of lined notebook paper. Oh, and the scanned development sketches.

@sargumphigaus -
I totally agree about voice acting, and I'm hoping for "making" the project, or at the very least "breaking even" with it. Though for my own sanity's sake I'm neither going to toot my own horn nor downplay my voice acting ability. I'll let you guys handle that when you have a chance to see it. My biggest concern is more in having created two character voices that sound different enough from each other, but still fit the characters. Ultimately my decision to take it on myself was driven by convenience if not necessity... Time constraints, actor availability, my own haphazard workflow and naive hubris that I can pull it off. So, if it winds up being an epic fail :cry: it will certainly be an important lesson learned.

@ekrunk -
Thanks, and welcome to the Anime Studio community. Honestly I owe so much of my progress to other members of this forum for so willingly sharing techniques and advice. It's a great place to solve problems, experiment and get honest feedback. Good luck! :)
-ddrake
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

ddrake wrote:
@sargumphigaus -
I totally agree about voice acting, and I'm hoping for "making" the project, or at the very least "breaking even" with it. Though for my own sanity's sake I'm neither going to toot my own horn nor downplay my voice acting ability. I'll let you guys handle that when you have a chance to see it. My biggest concern is more in having created two character voices that sound different enough from each other, but still fit the characters. Ultimately my decision to take it on myself was driven by convenience if not necessity... Time constraints, actor availability, my own haphazard workflow and naive hubris that I can pull it off. So, if it winds up being an epic fail :cry: it will certainly be an important lesson learned.
Well, judging by the quality of your video, I will point out that if you fail, it'll just be a regular fail. The production value is way too well refined for "Epic" fail. And besides, if you mess up, you can always redo it...granted...it'd be hard given you already animated to those lipsyncs. but yeah, you won't fail.