Nick and Will - A year in review.

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Hentron

Nick and Will - A year in review.

Post by Hentron »

This is a supercut of all the stuff we have done over the last year. It is all the stuff I find the most visually interesting set to a most rousing piece of music. There is a bit of new stuff included in there that I made just for this. (If you want to just watch the new stuff and skip the supercut you can just watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BDcaF3zG2Q)
Otherwise here is Supercut 2014:

Little Yamori

Re: Nick and Will - A year in review.

Post by Little Yamori »

Okay, you guys should be going viral any day now.

The silhouette of the crows falling after the gunshots just cracked me up

:D LY
Artpen

Post by Artpen »

Hello guys, great work and funny too, I enjoyed that.

A few questions, do you use png artwork for all your work and does it hog your system? Also, have you had any problems with using photos of famous people? Copyright? Thanks, keep up the great work!
Pinesal

Post by Pinesal »

It's probably about 90% pngs. It's hard for me to say whether or not it's hard on the system since we've never done an all or even mostly vector based cartoon. It seems fine to me though.

We are very careful not to use copyrighted assets, we give credit where necessary. However, we did take a risk on our independence day cartoon my including a couple celebrity heads. We'll see if that makes any trouble for us.
Artpen

Post by Artpen »

Thanks, that's good to know, so it seems png bitmaps are fine for bigger projects, do you have any tips for working with pngs what software ect? Your character rigs are spot on by the way!
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Nice to see that Titanic slamming into the iceberg shot again. Even though you cut it early I still started laughing just from remembering how funny it was, lucky it showed up again later.

Seeing the supercut really makes me pine for the old "weird" eyes. I honestly preferred them.
~Danimal
Hentron

Post by Hentron »

LY, thanks, but we have enough viruses.

Artpen, it is pretty straight forward, one weird thing is that if you have bone layer in a bone layer the outer bone layer won't bend the inner', pics. Nick, didn't mention it but when we tried out 3D stuff out our systems could barely handle it. Titanic was the last straw for Nick, I think. I never worried about 3D and am happy to fake it where necessary but Nick kept trying until Titanic almost didn't open just because the system was so burdened. (Correct me if I am wrong, Nick, but that is how I remember it)

Danimal, Well, we can't please everybody and I get called creepy enough in real life as it is, I don't need pretend me getting called creepy for entirely different reasons.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Yeehaaa!

Year in reviews are fun right? No "new" stuff, just cut together the best of everything. :)

I had to make my own "Pew Pew Pew" sound effects during that scene. Couldn't resist.

p.s.

I really want to start celebrating the true meaning of Independence day! I want to create a Will Smith "Scare-Alien" and put it in my yard. I should be able to print out and tape together something fast. I have to watch that animation again to see what else to put out there. This will really freak out my neighbors. They won't have a clue. They are all hard core patriotic with flags up the wazoo year round. I only have a few days left so I don't know how much I can pull off. I think I could add in some "Jaws" stuff.

This reminds me of "Festivus" from Seinfeld. That holiday is actually being celebrated. You never know.
Artpen

Post by Artpen »

Thanks mate, just subbed your channel, keep up your great work! :wink:
Pinesal

Post by Pinesal »

Oh yeah. The 3D stuff gets taxing very fast. Be careful with that.

Heyvern, you are a riot and the real talent on these forums.

Artpen, thanks for the sub! We really appreciate it.
Hentron

Post by Hentron »

I agree with Nick!

...I mean Pinesal.