Supporting the Educational Reform

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Supporting the Educational Reform

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Hi, I want to share with you a short video I participated in as a contribution to the debate about a big Educational Reform in my country.
Most of the design was made by Portable and I was in charge of all animation and composition of the video. I worked a little bit in the script too.
It took me around one week and half to complete and was launched today at 7am. Actually, I didn't sleep last night.
I used ASpro 10.1 and it worked wonderfully. It's amazing how fast you can get a good rig with this software.
For the composition, I used After Effects. It's my first serious project with this software, so there's nothing too fancy about that part :)
I hope you like it

At first, the project had no script, so I took each image and animated as I thought it could be used in the future. Some of that animations (like the one of the robot), was not used in the final video
And, of course, a bunch of animated gif!
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
drumlug13

Re: Supporting the Educational Reform

Post by drumlug13 »

Outstanding ... again

It always feels like a Holiday when I see that you have posted a new animation :D
Adam
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Great design, imaginative characterisations, and simple, effective animation -- you are a master!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

The color choices are unique and fantastic. This looks really good. I particularly liked the wolf.
~Danimal
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

The movements of you characters bring such a wonderful feeling of childlike happiness, it's a joy to watch, thanks for all your examples
Genete

Post by Genete »

Outstanding, like always.
I wish your country to have luck with the educational reform. In Spain, my country, we still doing educational reforms, one per new government sign change... We have democracy since 1975 and our educational laws have changed in 1985, 1990, 2002, 2006 and 2013... and would go on. Sad.
-G
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Genete wrote:Outstanding, like always.
I wish your country to have luck with the educational reform. In Spain, my country, we still doing educational reforms, one per new government sign change... We have democracy since 1975 and our educational laws have changed in 1985, 1990, 2002, 2006 and 2013... and would go on. Sad.
-G
We've had continuous educational revolution since 1979. It's not getting any better.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Thanks, guys.
I hope we finally have a good educational system. The current one was implemented in Pinochet's dictatorship and it's the first time the protests ideas are inside a government program. It's all fragile, anyway, so this video is part of a series of actions to support the change. It's very hard when all the media is in opposition and telling lies to scare people about the new educational paradigm. Plus the social mobilization, Internet (within its boundaries) is a very good tool to try to counteract that media.
Genete, I always read news about Spain (your new -uhm- king, for example...), and what Podemos is proposing sounds, at least, very interesting to me.
I really don't know much about the UK, Jahnocli and I'm not optimistic here, but I think it will be harder to change our country without pushing for it. If I can help a little with what I know to make, I'm happy to do it.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
fran

Post by fran »

Excellent work and Excellent Goal!!
Congratulations
Droxon

Post by Droxon »

Inspiring!
drichird

Post by drichird »

Amazing how much visual appeal you pack into simple clean graphic styles for characters and backgrounds. Even better than how they look is how they move. You must eat, breath, and sleep rigging because your characters move in such a graceful, fluid, natural way. I especially liked the girl beamed up by the UFO, the classroom with rotating planets scene and the mom towing/dragging the kid on roller shoes.

And then you finally bring it all together with perfect timing, never lingering too long on any one scene and keeping the camera moving.

Awesome animation, great job and kudos to you Sir!!!
djwaterman

Post by djwaterman »

Haven't watched the video but just seeing the giffs is enough to know that you are still the star of AnimeStudio. Seamless non rigged looking animation.
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

Amazing as always! Beautiful clean design, and the animation is excellent and fits the style.
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

selgin, you could write a textbook. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
Cheers, Larry