Work in progress (Finished!)

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

drichird

Re: Work in progress

Post by drichird »

What an unexpected subject for an animation, very cool! I think it's a great way to convey the subject matter, especially the way you make the schematic graphically change in real-time as you explain the process of simplifying the circuit (the parallel circuits merging together from sublevels on up to top level and then at top level merging all the ones in serial. Definitely an excellent way to learn for the viewer. Wonder if there is a market out there for animated tutorials like yours, if someone can both animate and understand electrical engineering what a combination !!!! :D Keep up the great work!
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

I have learned from this project that my toughest challenge is writing out an acceptable script. Script writing does not come easy to me. (It also takes me a long time to write an acceptable post to the forum.)
I'm gonna walk around with a notepad for the next few days. I'm sure I'll get better at script writing as I get more experienced but for right now, thanks for putting up with me.
Cheers, Larry
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

I finally restarted this project, having set it aside in October. It's 1/3 finished. Narration is a major job! I inserted some new narration between 1:32 and 1:48 and you can hear the difference. "If you look at a circuit similar to this..." That means I'll have to do the 'final' narration in one shot. My voice sounds different on different days.
I'm trying my best not to repost too much but I'd rather get feedback before I go too far. Thanks for your patience.

Cheers, Larry
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

I think this was just brilliantly done. It's really clear (even though I can't keep up). The volume differentiation wasn't too noticeable, I wouldn't stress over it, maybe just go into the sequencer for the louder segment and make the adjustment and re-render.

If my kids were learning stuff like this, I's definitely have them watch this. You should approach Khan Academy :D
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

Little Yamori wrote:I think this was just brilliantly done. It's really clear (even though I can't keep up). The volume differentiation wasn't too noticeable, I wouldn't stress over it, maybe just go into the sequencer for the louder segment and make the adjustment and re-render.

If my kids were learning stuff like this, I's definitely have them watch this. You should approach Khan Academy :D
Thank you. That's a tremendous encouragement. I actually smiled! I animated the first 'equation' yesterday. I didn't like it and I won't use it. I have learned a couple of important things as a result of working on this. I'm happy about that especially since I originally thought this project would be an easy one.
Cheers, Larry
ddrake

Post by ddrake »

Actually really looking forward to the finished product here. I didn't notice the audio difference at first (have a space heater running) but it's not that bad, and should also be relatively quick and easy to do the final record in one sitting for consistency sake. Edit down the script and audio to a pace that works best and you can still alt-scale AS keys in the timeline to fit the audio clip. Feels like it's coming together much better now.

Also, pulling the diagram into the tree imagery is great, both visually and from a teaching/learning standpoint. Not sure what I'll use this information for in my lifetime, (you never know) but I'm enjoying being part of the educational process :)
-ddrake
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

ddrake wrote:Actually really looking forward to the finished product here. I didn't notice the audio difference at first (have a space heater running) but it's not that bad, and should also be relatively quick and easy to do the final record in one sitting for consistency sake. Edit down the script and audio to a pace that works best and you can still alt-scale AS keys in the timeline to fit the audio clip. Feels like it's coming together much better now.

Also, pulling the diagram into the tree imagery is great, both visually and from a teaching/learning standpoint. Not sure what I'll use this information for in my lifetime, (you never know) but I'm enjoying being part of the educational process :)
I'm short on experience in completing projects. I review my test videos in a loop endlessly. I have to learn to relax and remember "All I have to do is take the next step". Looking at a 'mountain' of challenges looks impossible. I won't be so stressed when I can say "Been there, done that".
I think the 'tree' was tailor-made for animation. I'm hoping the reaction to it will be positive.
At the moment I'm working on animating the math equations, trying to see what works. Talking or background music would be distracting. I'm testing sound effects. I'm trying to find a way to make boring numbers 'pop'.
Cheers, Larry
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

It's done, finally. It feels good to be finished. It's 7:10 minutes long so I won't ask anyone to watch it. I'll just post the link.
https://youtu.be/2xoM-aOKnN8
Cheers, Larry
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

3deeguy that was great, I mean, I really don't have the math capability to keep up, but it was great anyway, I watched the whole 7 plus minutes. You should really approach some online trade school sites to see if they would use something like this. You have my vote on it. It's clear and to the point with a straight forward breakdown.

Great Job

LY
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

Little Yamori wrote:3deeguy that was great, I mean, I really don't have the math capability to keep up, but it was great anyway, I watched the whole 7 plus minutes. You should really approach some online trade school sites to see if they would use something like this. You have my vote on it. It's clear and to the point with a straight forward breakdown.

Great Job

LY
I should thank you! I had a terrible habit of abandoning projects when they got too tough. In fact, my 'green' avatar was borrowed from one of two projects that I put aside in version 7. (I doubt that I'll work on them again until next year!) When you mentioned this project in another thread it kind of 'woke me up'. The lesson was "finish what you start". There is a lot of satisfaction in finishing.
Cheers, Larry