Our little cat and frog short

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

amanandink

Our little cat and frog short

Post by amanandink »

We have just the full little short we did a while back up in vimeo, it was with asp 9.s I think, smart bones had just been released and still in its tentative infancy.

It is viewable here http://www.vimeo.com/109669594

and a previous post of the rigs is viewable here.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=24196

Enjoy
J
mrmoi2000

Re: Our little cat and frog short

Post by mrmoi2000 »

Very nice. That cat rig is one of my favorites.
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Kinda just ends, but it's certainly fun to watch and has charming interaction. Nicely done!
~Danimal
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

I loved it. It was perfect. Plenty of personality and character. The movement and bounce were superb.

Thanks for sharing!! :D
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

I'm watching it, grinning at times, thinking to myself "Wow! this is a great story!", and then...and then...credits roll!
I kinda thought the cat would somehow explain his reason for being up there and the frog would suddenly 'get it', even if the cat had to come down first. I do not have a gift for storytelling. I speak solely as someone in the audience who enjoys seeing the talents of other people.
I was drawn into the story. The acting, pacing, artwork and camera work was excellent. There was much to learn from your work.
Cheers, Larry
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

That's pretty funny. Thanks for sharing it.

I assumed this was an interpretation of existing unscripted audio? It reminded me of the Creature Comfort shorts, or the Hubley's Cockaboodie. That's always fun because I'm also trying to imagine the actual situation when the audio was recorded. In this case, I can only imagine the real situation as even weirder than the cartoon. :)

G.
amanandink

Post by amanandink »

Thanks Guys, I'm glad you all liked it. As for the Film it is based on the recordings of the real life Scott Carrier, a radio producer and Professor of Communications from Utah University. The original recording of the piece which is part of a larger set of recordings first featured on The Story with Dick Gordon as part of their Neighbourhoods – All Sides Now segment, broadcast on Friday July 15 2011.

Hence why the audio just cuts off. The real life Scott just turned the recorder off. But after we heard the audio on the story we thought to ourselves that we just have to make it as a short. And the cat and frog were the director's, John Peavoy's idea.

J
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

amanadink, I see it now, thanks. This thread did make me think. I have no knowledge about story writing and it's time to start learning. I've begun a study of some of the basics.
Cheers, Larry
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Love what you did with the cat. The animation feels so good. It's really inspiring work.
Thanks for sharing.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

Love the concept, love how real the frog character is with the recording. Love the design work and colors and animation. I only wish the frog had some more peeved mouth shapes for his rant to match the audio better. Right now it looks like he's smiling.