"Separation Anxiety" title sequence

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

impossibilia

"Separation Anxiety" title sequence

Post by impossibilia »

Hi everyone,
I directed my first live-action feature film a little while ago, but since it's kind of a Hitchcock-style film, doing an animated title sequence felt appropriate. The character stufff was all in Anime Studio Pro, the text stuff in After Effects. Here's the results!

The full film is available here if you're curious to see the live-action stuff.
http://projections.augustproject.org/
AmigaMan

Re: "Separation Anxiety" title sequence

Post by AmigaMan »

That's fantastic and really makes me want to watch the film. Do you make a Hitchcock style cameo appearance in the feature? :D
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

It looks VERY good on its own, as an opening credits roll I would have long turned it off. Animated credits are nice but only when there's a constant interaction between character and credits. This has long, long stretches of cartoon with no credits. The last 30 seconds or so get it right. Honestly, it's an opening credits sequence, 30 seconds is really about all you need. Maybe a minute tops. This sort of feels like "we had some music and needed to stretch out the credits to fit it."
~Danimal
impossibilia

Post by impossibilia »

AmigaMan wrote:That's fantastic and really makes me want to watch the film. Do you make a Hitchcock style cameo appearance in the feature? :D
I make 4 appearances I think, haha. There were some days that I was the whole crew, but we needed an extra so I'd hit record and run into a shot. I'm a customer in a cafe, a man on the beach, a hooded figure a few times, and I run by during a chase scene.
impossibilia

Post by impossibilia »

Danimal wrote:It looks VERY good on its own, as an opening credits roll I would have long turned it off. Animated credits are nice but only when there's a constant interaction between character and credits. This has long, long stretches of cartoon with no credits. The last 30 seconds or so get it right. Honestly, it's an opening credits sequence, 30 seconds is really about all you need. Maybe a minute tops. This sort of feels like "we had some music and needed to stretch out the credits to fit it."
You may very well be right. I know for a fact that it hurt us with festival submissions, since most programmers only watch the first 5 minutes of something. It worked well during the screenings we had, I think because the audience is captive at that point, but online it may hurt a lot because people can just flip off and go watch something else.