Cute Christmas/Hanukkah holiday animation!

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Fahim, Distinct Sun, Víctor Paredes, erey, Belgarath, slowtiger

Post Reply
User avatar
Equalrights4animals
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 10:26 pm

Cute Christmas/Hanukkah holiday animation!

Post by Equalrights4animals » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:00 am

I made this in Anime Studio
Last edited by Equalrights4animals on Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Danimal
Posts: 1584
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:06 pm
Location: The Danimal Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Cute Christmas/Hanukkah holiday animation!

Post by Danimal » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:51 pm

The idea is a good one and the animation is great, I especially liked the crayon-ish Santa sequence.

The only thing I found distracting was the singing. There was zero happiness in those voices. It sounded kind of creepy how little inflection there was in the singing, like any minute they were going to start saying "join us... joooooiiiiiin ussssss..." For a Chrismukkah song, I would expect a little joy.

Really though, this looks very nice!
~Danimal
Little Yamori
Posts: 532
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:23 am
Location: Gecko Town :-)
Contact:

Re: Cute Christmas/Hanukkah holiday animation!

Post by Little Yamori » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:54 am

I got a big smile out of that.

Clever and fun
User avatar
Equalrights4animals
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 10:26 pm

Re: Cute Christmas/Hanukkah holiday animation!

Post by Equalrights4animals » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:23 am

Danimal wrote:The idea is a good one and the animation is great, I especially liked the crayon-ish Santa sequence.

The only thing I found distracting was the singing. There was zero happiness in those voices. It sounded kind of creepy how little inflection there was in the singing, like any minute they were going to start saying "join us... joooooiiiiiin ussssss..." For a Chrismukkah song, I would expect a little joy.

Really though, this looks very nice!
I didn't do the singing. my friends did. Glad you liked the animation, though.
ddrake
Posts: 274
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:25 pm

Re: Cute Christmas/Hanukkah holiday animation!

Post by ddrake » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:33 am

Equalrights4animals wrote:
Danimal wrote:The only thing I found distracting was the singing. There was zero happiness in those voices. It sounded kind of creepy how little inflection there was in the singing
I didn't do the singing. my friends did. Glad you liked the animation, though.
Wow, nice job throwing the singing friends under the bus, you guys. :)

To be honest, I agree with danimal in that the singing vocals seem a tad hollow and a little unenthusiastic, but I assumed that was by design. Seemed to me the music using minor note steps and repetition, and the lack of excitement played well into the monotony of "tradition."

A lackluster monotone "This is so fun, two holidays in one" while one of the little girls turns ill green, and mom picks up wrapping paper... I like it.

But if that wasn't your intent for this animation and you were shooting for something more joyous and festive, you may have missed your mark. Don't blame your friends. :P
-ddrake
User avatar
Equalrights4animals
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 10:26 pm

Re: Cute Christmas/Hanukkah holiday animation!

Post by Equalrights4animals » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:07 pm

ddrake wrote:
Equalrights4animals wrote:
Danimal wrote:The only thing I found distracting was the singing. There was zero happiness in those voices. It sounded kind of creepy how little inflection there was in the singing
I didn't do the singing. my friends did. Glad you liked the animation, though.
Wow, nice job throwing the singing friends under the bus, you guys. :)

To be honest, I agree with danimal in that the singing vocals seem a tad hollow and a little unenthusiastic, but I assumed that was by design. Seemed to me the music using minor note steps and repetition, and the lack of excitement played well into the monotony of "tradition."

A lackluster monotone "This is so fun, two holidays in one" while one of the little girls turns ill green, and mom picks up wrapping paper... I like it.

But if that wasn't your intent for this animation and you were shooting for something more joyous and festive, you may have missed your mark. Don't blame your friends. :P
Personally I disagree with you and I think my friends did a very good job with the singing. A lot better than I could do.
Danimal
Posts: 1584
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:06 pm
Location: The Danimal Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Cute Christmas/Hanukkah holiday animation!

Post by Danimal » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:30 pm

Equalrights4animals wrote:I think my friends did a very good job with the singing. A lot better than I could do.
Just hitting notes doth not good singing make.

If I close my eyes and just listen, I can actually see them holding the lyrics sheet and just going word by word. It's a step away from sustained reading. Again, it becomes glaringly more apparent how little dynamics are in the singing when you consider it's a holiday song, which are generally festive and upbeat. This sounds more like a dirge or the birthday song scene in Office Space.

Fortunately, the song has your animation to give it life and makes it something worth watching and listening to.
~Danimal
muhire
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:36 pm

Re: Cute Christmas/Hanukkah holiday animation!

Post by muhire » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:39 am

nice lip synch!
Post Reply